What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using an ipad in sunlight

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping to buy an ipad to use outdoors for watching tv or video's

Having spent a few days reading lots and lots of articles it appears that none of the ipad's...1 or 2 or 3 are much good outdoors. I know you can get anti glare strips but I get the impression that most people don't rate them either.

so...the question is...

if the Kindle has the sort of face/front/backlighting that allows it to be perfect in sunlight/bright light why can't apple produce something similar for the ipad !! This is one question I can't find an answer for.

any thoughts.

brid63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree! I love my IPad but this is someting apple should have thought of, as you say kindle can do it!

OP
M

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep

I love sitting outside when the weather allows and I'm quite happy reading the papers and my books but sometimes it would be nice to be able to watch a download..tv or film... and the ipad is absolutely useless. I get a nice mirror image of me,,,and little else.

curly5079

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, had to sit In the shade in Florida to read my mails.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
curly5079 said:
Agreed, had to sit In the shade in Florida to read my mails.

Hi all, I'm a newbie here too.

Also have the same reading problem outside, both with iPad3 & android Galaxy Note phone. I do adjust the screen brightness which sometimes makes all the difference.
But for just reading, Kindle is a joy in sunlight, isn't it? (though I often try to swipe & prod the screen but nothing happens!!)

My partner, who is more IT clued up, says the two types of screen are completely different from each other. Remember-- you can't read Kindle in the dark unless it has some sort of lighting, can you?

Sometime in the future, I'm sure this will be resolved in some clever way but for now, it seems we must accept that we either iPad in the shade or Kindle / snooze / cogitate / watch the daisies in the sun!

iPad3,16GB; PC/Win7; S.GalaxyNote; Dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader, bridge-widow.

MrMaFurb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some Display films that protect from reflections and a friend of friend ( just met him once) had such display film on and it was much easier to read, on old god Laptop times it wasn't easy to se the screen in sunshine either,

There was som "Sun Caps" you could buy and set on your pc so you didn't get direct sunshine on the screen, When do we se surf pads sun caps?

Most reactions

Latest posts