What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use iCloud ?

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, plz tell me that if I go setting then iCloud where I active photo button then on next page iCloud Photo Library button. If I active this button then? Did its make automatically put my ipad4 pix iCloud server. And if I delete my pix after putting on cloud then it's remain in air. Tks. (If any post in the past on forum then plz send me link)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cant choose to 'backup now' when in manage storage (settings icloud) - why has this happened please. Also when I take a photo on my iPhone it doesn't appear in photostream on the iPad. But when I take a photo on the iPad it does appear on the iPhone photostream! I have done a reset.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Manage Storage in Settings - General - Usage - iCloud allows to change your storage plan.

To backup, go to Settings - iCloud - Backup. There you'll find "Backup Now".

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the point I don't have a back up now option.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry: in Settings - iCloud - Backup. Here:
image.jpg

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok have it now will do aback up and see if photo stream works. Thanjs

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud Photo Library reflects what is on your iPad. If you delete it off the iPad it will be deleted from iCloud .

Ooh, I it's mean acidently if we lost or broken the device then we can get back our data. U known mr. twerpoet I thought that iCloud make space by uploading. One more thing if I send pix to PC (window) by iTunes is these r safe there as u known window PC attract virus.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry by the way I forget tks for send me link I will read it.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, plz anyone tell when I go setting iCloud then storage show 5gb available, but when click the next page says total 1gb and available. Why it's defer. I did not updated any data up to today now tks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you use your 'free' iCloud service at all, then you don't have 5GB available. That's the the total storage. Your actual available storage is going to be less than that.

So, I suspect, you are confusing your storage limit with your available storage. But I can't be sure without knowing exactly what you are looking at.

For most people, the largest use of iCloud storage is iCloud backups. If you've got more than one device on the same iCloud account, 4GB is not an unreasonable amount of space for backups (depending on what apps and content need backing up).

Most reactions