What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use Airport Epress to send ipad web audio to amplifier?

gglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an ipad 1 running ios 5 and an airport express.
I really want to be able to send the audio from a radio
website(App or website through Safari)to my audio
amplifier. I can hook the APE up for itunes music but
hope that I can use roughly the same setup for audio
from a streaming radio station and send it to my amplifier.

I thought Airfoil from Amobea would do this but am not clear that
it would work for website streaming audio.

I would appreciate any advice on how to do this.

Thanks,
Gary

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You should just be able to do this via airplay, no need for any other third party software.

As long as your ipad and airport express are on the same network you should see the airplay icon (a square with a triangle going in to it from the bottom) along with the playback controls, whenever you playback media, select that and you can redirect your audio to the airport express.

Note some apps/websites restrict the use of airplay, but I've only ever seen this done for video not audio.

OP
G

gglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Looks like I need a cable so
will get that and try it out later today.
Appreciate it !

afc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to take over this thread, but is it possible to do the same from a PC with a website/app that is not iTunes?

Meaning, I can send the sound to my speakers via airport Express from iTunes (PC), iPad and iPhone. However, if I'm in a website (e.g., a radio website) using Chrome or Safari (ie., not using iTunes), I do not have the option to use the same speakers I use when playing music from iTunes for example...is there a way?

Cheers,
AC

Most reactions