What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Flash drive for watching movies?

Lancelee80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just got my wife a new iPad 2 and I had a couple questions for you iPad experts out there. We take a lot of trips and I was wondering if it's possible to watch movies off of a USB flash drive (to keep the kid entertained). I'm hoping this is possible because I could only afford the 16gb wifi version, and movies quickly use up what little memory I have.
Another question is if anyone has used and likes a drop proof case for their iPad 2? I'm afraid of my 2 year old getting a hold of it and dropping it.
Thank you in advance
Ps - my iPad is not jail broken if that matters.

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not Jailbroken then there is no way to access movies on your usb stick on your iPad. You can convert them to AVI's with something like the free Format Factory for PC and they take up a lot less room on the iPad.

alanchan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only answer the first part of your question.
this works for me but I am sure other expert will have a more effective solution for you.
I have the 16gb version as well and I didn't jailbreak
I bought the APPS call AVPlayer HD and
it plays most video format movies
all you need to do is copy the movies to your ipad from iTunes or use some other APPS such as Files Connect (is the one I use)
then watch it directly from your ipad, no need to convert anything
I try uising USB method and it never work....
good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts