What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

usb connection

tparkin6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
macamb said:
Is there a connector to plug a usb pen into to watch movies on?

there is a gadget called iukey that has a usb at one end for connecting to pc or mac and ipad connector at other. it holds 8gig of info. Got mine off ebay for under a fiver. Pad needs to be jailbroken and ifile software installed.

flyman818

iPF Noob
Reaction score

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need something like a CloudFTP setup to use a USB like that on an iPad. You won't get much flexibility with a CCK unless your iPad is jailbroken.

flyman818

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep, dhewson777 is right, your ipad needs to be jailbroken to use the Camera Connection Kit.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the camera connection kit not work with the SD card transfer to
IPad? I'm not clear.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The camera connection kit was made for the sole purpose of transfering images taking on a camera and stored on an SD card, to the iPad. It does that well. Try to go beyond that and you have to work at it more. IMO, it is a very limited device. But since the iPad, especially the 2012 model, is so good for images it does have its place. I don't use mine much, however, because I find the Air Stash, while much more expensive than the CCK, to be a lot more useful. I wish I had know of it because I ever spent case on the CCK.

Most reactions