What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US ipad2 traveling to Philippines. Please help...

shauminside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aloha,

I will be traveling to the Philippines sometime in September 2011 and was wondering if I should bring my ipad2 w/3G. I just purchased my ipad2 and have not yet activated the 3G on it because I have wifi everywhere I go.

Now, when Im in the Philippines, I would like to have internet everywhere I go, specially up North and/or Makati area. I don't mind paying per hour. Is this possible? What do I do? Please help.

Mahalo in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's some information here; we have many Members from the Philippines, so hopefully they'll be along soon to help...

AT&T

Tim

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we have three local networks here - globe, sun and smart. you can opt to get either a prepaid or a postpaid line.

you might not want the hassle of having a prepaid sim and loading it... but we have unlimited surfing for one day at only php50 ($1.17) with prepaid.

for postpaid. you'll be tied up for 12 months with a plan. if you only intend to use the sim for unlimited surfing, there are promos here you can avail - from a monthly cost of php649 to php999 ($15.24 to $23.46)

usual reqts for getting a postpaid plan:
financial capacity
proof of identity
proof of billing address

i can help you get one if you want, as long as it's a globe line (easier to get their services since i'm a platinum subscriber)... most malls here have stores where you can apply for a line.

there's an option also of surfing at php10 ($0.23) for every 30 minutes for a postpaid sim. if you forget to turn it off and usage continues, that's mighty expensive!

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a foreigner traveling in Phils, I highly recommend the prepaid option. It's easy, you can reload in a number of places, and it requires nothing but cash in the way of ID.

You may find you cannot go with only one supplier though depending on where you go. Globe had the best overall coverage for me, but it varies on region.

-t

OP
S

shauminside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! This really helps. I think I'll go with the prepaid option.

Also, I hope I won't have problems with the charging this iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't have any problems charging the iPad. The iPad charger is universal, in terms of the voltage supply - anywhere from 100-250 volts - and, at most, needs the usual travel adaptor.

Tim

Most reactions