What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upside down video

tucker304

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recorded a short video that I sent by email. But the video is upside down when viewed on my laptop. Is there any way to send it so it appears upright?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With regard to your question, when taking a picture or recording a video with your iPad (using the rear-facing camera) always have:
  • Home button on the bottom for portrait.
  • Home button to the right for landscape.
If you get it wrong and play it back on your iPad it's not a problem, but the EXIF data files associated with it will tell other computers which direction to show your masterpiece...get it wrong and it will be upside down.

Apple's Quicktime (and Preview for still pictures) and I believe Windows Media Center are capable of rotating video and saving it so you can try that. If it can't be moved off of your iPad right away and you need to send it there are apps that will correct it for you as well. Go to the App Store on your iPad or the iTunes store on your computer and type in "rotate video" in the search field in the upper right-hand corner and several apps will appear. Be sure you either get one that is universal (will work with both iPad and iPhone) or one specifically for the iPad.

Hope that helps!

Welcome again and enjoy!

BTW, nice Gromit avatar. :)

Last edited:
OP
tucker304

tucker304

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I realize now that I held the iPad the wrong way when I made the video.

I did initially try to do a search to answer my question, but I got an error message.

Most reactions

Latest posts