What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS confirms mine WILL NOT be delivered by Sat even though UPS does Sat delivery here

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
=(

They say there is Saturday delivery for my area... but because of the incoming "port" and due to customs that Tuesday April 6th is the scheduled delivery date! I'm disappointed to say the least... I was really excited to get my hands on it on launch day!

I'll just have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys who DO receive yours on Saturday. :(

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh no, that's terrible news!!! I guess I better prepare myself mentally for the same thing happening here. Will be very disappointing to say the least!!

Susan

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be that way for everybody. She said it all boiled down to the port of entry and if my port would have been Kentucky... then I would be getting it by Saturday but since my port was elsewhere (and she didn't say where) that it would be Tuesday... unfortunately!

I'm sad like a kid that would have to wait 'till New Year's eve to open his Christmas gifts. hehe

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just consider yourself lucky to be getting it by the 6th. I'm still on the "late April" guesstimate. It feels like forever:(

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ah, sorry to hear the bad news! What state do you live in?

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is crazy--not a UPS fan here, much prefer FedEx!! I will be surprised if Apple lets this happen. :confused:

Still waiting for even "prepared to ship"--I did not order on the first day though. :(

Last edited:
OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well even though tracking from UPS doesn't show an estimated delivery for me... my shipment notification from Apple (that contains my tracking number) still says delivers by Apr 3rd so I guess there is still hope but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Maybe I just got ahold of an operator that was (hopefully) mistaken somehow!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is crazy--not a UPS fan here, much prefer FedEx!! I will be surprised if Apple lets this happen. :confused:

Still waiting for even "prepared to ship"--I did not order on the first day though. :(
I will be surprised as well. It strikes me as odd that Apple would sign an agreement with a shipper without being guaranteed that all of their pre-ordered iPads would arrive by Apple's promised date of 4/3. I really hope that UPS just doesn't have their ducks in a row yet.

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is 'prepared'...

Mine is at 'Prepared to Ship' and I preordered on 03/19... It doesn't say who the carrier will be yet...

Is it a either or between UPS and FedEx? Or are they all coming by UPS? I'm not a big fan of UPS...

:(

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it would be mostly FedEx with UPS picking up the slack... but so far it seems that most people have received tracking numbers for UPS instead of FedEx so your guess is as good as mine.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It usually depends on your area system. If I get something that comes into our airport facility, FedEx does great. But if it comes FedEx ground, no telling when it will get here since it is driven over from Tulsa. I ordered a Time Capsule from Apple that was suppose to be delivered on Saturday. After 3 days of trying to get them to deliver it, I called Apple. The FedEx it overnight and it beat the ground delivery after waiting a week for them to get it to me.

UPS is great here, but they do not do Sat. delivery.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the delay. I count myself lucky to have an Apple Store in my area. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong with the reservations.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine is at 'Prepared to Ship' and I preordered on 03/19... It doesn't say who the carrier will be yet...

Is it a either or between UPS and FedEx? Or are they all coming by UPS? I'm not a big fan of UPS...

:(

I preordered on 03/18 and am crossing my fingers for FedEx!!

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea... here I was thinking I'd be sneaky and just sit on my couch in the comfort of my own home waiting for it to be delivered while all the schmucks waited in line for theirs. I guess I'm now the schmuck... I should have reserved through my local Apple Store and just got my butt up early to get down there. LIVE AND LEARN I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts