What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading to YouTube from iMovie on iPad 2 - just hangs on 'uploading to youtube'

paulthe6th

iPF Noob
Reaction score
photo.PNG

Just created a short 44 second movie in iMovie on my new iPad 2 (had it for 3 days and it still feels magical.. my sad geeky life)...

So I've selected 'upload to youtube', entered all the info such as video title, description, tags, other settings, then clicked 'upload'. The progress bar builds steadily and then gives way to the message 'Uploading to YouTube'... and it's been hanging there for about half an hour now? Is this normal?

I know YouTube usually takes a while to verify newly uploaded videos - is this part of the uploading process?

If only it was possible to leave iMovie uploading in the background so I could carry on using my ipad for other tasks but hey ho. If this isn't normal could someone let me know so I can carry on using my iPad? :)

Thanks in advance, Pt6

OP
P

paulthe6th

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone else having the same issue, I've just worked out a workaround - export to camera roll from iMovie, then go select the newly exported film in camera roll & 'send to YouTube' from there. Video uploaded quickly & has successfully appeared on YouTube now.

Most reactions

Latest posts