What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unmanageable iOS updates

rkravi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time apple releases new patch release of the iOS, it is one big file of 600 MB and apple servers keep timing out when start downloading. I ended up trying downloading the file 4-5 times. I asked apple about it and there is no response from them. Why can't apple update patches which is small instead of releasing a big version? Is there any solution to this?

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of people are speculating that there will be "over the air" updates after iOS 5, this however would force apple to release smaller "delta" updates. The AT&T and Verizon networks most likely can't handle the size of current iOS updates. But I'm not quite sure why you are having trouble, maybe try uninstalling iTunes, then re-installing it?

OP
R

rkravi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Godfather4190 said:
A lot of people are speculating that there will be "over the air" updates after iOS 5, this however would force apple to release smaller "delta" updates. The AT&T and Verizon networks most likely can't handle the size of current iOS updates. But I'm not quite sure why you are having trouble, maybe try uninstalling iTunes, then re-installing it?

Yes, I have done reinstallation of iTunes but the problem persists!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've encountered trouble with iOS updates only with 4.3.3. I thought my sluggish laptop was involved in the timeouts, because I've never had trouble before. In this case, my iPad update timed out once and my touch update timed out twice. My iPhone update went without hiccup.

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rkravi said:

I had this problem similar to this with a previous iPhone update. However I just restored it to factory settings then downloaded the update again. Try that, if not is your iDevice under warrantee?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Godfather4190 said:

Based on your location I suspect the issue is your net work as I do not have issues at all

Most reactions