What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unboxing

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Much as I love my various Apple products and I think their packaging is second to none, I just don't understand all the mental masturbation and videos of unpacking the iPad, unpacking the iPhone 4, etc, etc.

Can anyone explain? Where did it start?

Hal

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It usually has to do with the excitement of having something new. Think about how many people will take pictures or videos of a new car, boat, or other toy. Since computer users are more into digital video, they are just more likely to take pictures.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with you. I couldn't give a crap less if the item came in an egg carton so long as it worked.

OP
King Hal

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to have you back on the forum Matt. Hope you enjoyed your time in Europe.

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i open my boxes carefully and store them neatly in my closet just in case i want to return/exchange or do a private sale in the future. people will pay just a bit more when it comes in the original packaging :)

OP
King Hal

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with keeping the packaging, but making a video of unpacking??? I'd still like to know where it started. Did an Apple fanboy start it?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They do it with just about every major electronics these days...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually to make those who weren't standing in line in the freezing rain regret our decision to wait for another day to purchase. LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts