What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable toget an update to my ipad2

saranhal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using iPad 2 with 3G .though ios 6 beta 2 is available for download, I am unable to get it on my iPad.when I click onto software update, it shows ios 5.1.1 upto date. Can anyone help me regarding this? How do I go about. I haven't jail broken my iPad 2.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 6 beta is for developers only. Your iPad has to be registered to use the update.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad beta software is only available to developers who have their devices registered in the Apple Developer Programme. It is not available to the general public yet.
The only legitimate way to get this software is to enroll in the developer programme - https://developer.apple.com/

For reference you may not discuss any other (illegal) ways to obtain the software on our forums.

Hope that clarifies.

OP
S

saranhal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying my doubt. Was pretty worried as to how to go about with it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries. And to be clear, it is OK to discuss the upcoming features etc. of IOS6 in this section. The only thing which is not allowed is to discuss obtaining the beta software without being a registered developer or publishing any Apple documentation specific to the beta programme :)

Most reactions