What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unable to load Netflix app on my iPad..

nhitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there-
I'm new and so I'll apologize up front if this is not the correct place to ask this question.. I have 3 iPads, and two of them I have been able to successfully download the Netflix app; however on the third, the "install" button is greyed out...? I have tried restarting the iPad, doing a new search at the app store (instead of trying to download it from the cloud..) I don't THINK there is a maximum number of devices that I can view my netflix account from; but why else would this iPad not be able to get this app?
Other info- all 3 iPads are iPad2, & new. Two of them (one with netflix & the one I can't download netflix to) share a cloud account...

Thanks for any tips..
nhitch

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the NF app on four or five iDevices, and they've all worked without problem off one NF account.

If your install button is grayed out, it probably means you've already got it installed. To check:
Open App Store on iPad, click on Purchased, click on Not on this iPad. Maybe you can grab it there. It might not show in the regular app store because you've got cloud app synching on and have deleted or not loaded the NF app on the third iPad.

Reaction score
If your Netflix application under App Store - Purchased is showing that it is already Installed on your iPad - but does not show the Netflix App in your iPad then it is most probably with the App Restriction setting on your iPad. My App Restriction on iPad was set to age 4+ only. I had to change that restriction to allow all Apps.
This what you should do to remove the restrictions on iPad to show your Netflix App.
Tap on Settings > Under General, Tap on Restrictions > (enter your Passcode) > Scroll down to Allowed Content: Tap on Apps> Tap on Allow All Apps.
Now press your Start button and it should show the Netflix icon on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts