What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to access my email

Mauialan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with this one.

woke up this morning, opened my ipad2, selected my mail icon and the screen flashed, from what i can see, a blank email (or an email that hasn't fully loaded), then it flashes off. I am unable to open or view my mail. anyone having the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mauialan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best, and first, thing to do when the iPad first starts behaving "wonky" is to do either a reset or a reboot:

Reset (Restart): Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reboot: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

It's amazing what things get fixed with this two procedures! Of course, if it doesn't help you, please let us know. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. You could also try going into the multitask switcher bar (the doubleclick on the home button process that makes the screen rise - then hold one of the apps in that bar until it "wiggles", then you just shut down all the apps showing). This helps too...

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please excuse this brief lapse into pedantry.

Apple's terms (not mine) for the first is Restart, and Reset for the second option. There is no Reboot. Of course the terms are already so mixed up that there is little chance of unconfusing them, but I'm an occational sucker for futile guestures.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

OP
M

Mauialan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best, and first, thing to do when the iPad first starts behaving "wonky" is to do either a reset or a reboot:

Reset (Restart): Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reboot: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

It's amazing what things get fixed with this two procedures! Of course, if it doesn't help you, please let us know. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. You could also try going into the multitask switcher bar (the doubleclick on the home button process that makes the screen rise - then hold one of the apps in that bar until it "wiggles", then you just shut down all the apps showing). This helps too...

Thanks Mickey 330! Tried both. . . no luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts