What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK ordering online info

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
just spoke to Apple, they reckon a starting delivery of at least 1-2 weeks if ordered online at 1am, and add up to another 4 days or so on top of that if engraving is required.

they also said that Apple aim to turn orders around within 24 hours. it's then the delivery rigmarole that takes the time, meaning that if you plan on ordering at 1am online, then getting lucky and buying in a store tomorrow, then cancelling your order you might have missed the shipment cut off time.

lucasite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really hope the queuing wont start too early tomorrow.
Sales guy from my local apple store said "just turn up at 5pm, it'll be fine!"
slightly naive there i mumbled.

But I will order online also. If it's shipped before I cancel it (doubtful), i'll just send it back.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i've rang my local apple store a couple of times, each time i ask were there queues for the ipad 1 and iphone 4 they always say "well i'm new here i dont know nothing". lol.

lucasite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they're already queuing up in munich apparently.
And so the madness begins!

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i think i'll just order online tonight and put up with the waiting. i really relish the thought of a wait less and less the more i consider it.

infact, i'm just about to go walk my dogs to consider it further.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, alöl the info i get in a well visit germany forum is freaked out madness.

-some peolpe say 3rd merchants hold IPad2s back for them
-other people say that that same merchant group in their city dont make reservations.
-some people say they got told there will be no 3G models in the next 3 weeks.
-some people say that the online order in Australia is 2-3 weeks right from the start.
-some people post theit sjipment update that their white wifi Ipad2 is ready for shipment and will arrive in 3-5 days

u can say theres almost every possible shipment possibility on the way.

Tells me that no one knoes nothing, but gathering all those messages up it tells me that there a good number of IPads in Germany on local apple stores and few at other merchants.

Not sure about the total number, not even a guess, i think when it comes to online order, graving also make it take longer.

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
all ordered. about 10 mins before 1am too. 2-3 weeks delivers it says.

I guess the walk with your dog settled things! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cant order keep getting error

iv been trying to order since 9 mins to 1am and keep getting a error message :(

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing

Error after error. I sometimes get as far as confirming payment, but get 'ipad blocked' by another error message.

We've broken apple

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get as far as processing then I get the error, have tried ordering with ipad and phone as well as pc keep getting the same thing,in the http:// part of the address bar its red with a line through it so must be a website problem :confused:

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, Finally got my order through (1hour 6mins).

My god it's late. Well, I'll be up tomorrow waiting in line at a reseller & will hopefully be cancelling my apple store order... fingerscrossed.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
keep us updated mate. i personally really didnt fancy the idea of waiting for no secure outcome, with the hassle of driving around from shop to shop. bugger that, i've ordered now and am prepared to wait a month.

btw, it says 2-3 weeks shipment + another 2 weeks delivery. i'm quite confident those times are over-estimates.

i'm glad i got in early. seems the uk site has been suffering heavily since 1 am this morning. it's 9am and even now i cant log in to check status because of current site traffic.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Canada site is smooth as hell

I'm kinda hoping that the lines wont be that bad lol

Most reactions

Latest posts