What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugh what do i do

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already returned 3 iPads. Because of dead pixels and lifting bezel. Now I noticed on my 4th one that there is some backlight bleeding. Do I risk the return?

Prometheus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are going to return it then make sure you create a bit of pressure on your retailer/service center. Maybe they are just returning you the refurbished pieces.

OP
L

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, def not refurbished. I have been opening a brand new box every time. On # 5 now. I will have to inspect it, but it seems ok so far. Ugh!!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't see where you are from.? US or Europe?

Just for a survey / stat thing I'm putting together. Take it back, bark a little. Maybe waiting a week or two helps.

Jeff

Reaction score
Ludee00 said:
No, def not refurbished. I have been opening a brand new box every time. On # 5 now. I will have to inspect it, but it seems ok so far. Ugh!!

You can always inspect the iPad before leaving the AppleStore. It's not a surprise party. When the replacement iPad has the same issues, or worse, then there is no requirement to take it. Just mention, that you want to take a look at the replacement unit beforehand, to verify that the issue isn't there. That way, if the replacement iPad has the same issue, you can just keep your current iPad.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very True

Ludee00 said:

You can always inspect the iPad before leaving the AppleStore. It's not a surprise party. When the replacement iPad has the same issues, or worse, then there is no requirement to take it. Just mention, that you want to take a look at the replacement unit beforehand, to verify that the issue isn't there. That way, if the replacement iPad has the same issue, you can just keep your current iPad.

Don't walk out of the shop with something you have not inspected and tried. Otherwise it's the same merry go round again.

OP
L

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here is my update. This new one is better. Not perfect, but I have stopped looking for perfection. There is a slight bleed. Better than before, but still there. I did look and inspect at the store, but since I can't go into a pitch black room, I didn't see it there. I was on all four holding the unit under the table. The tech even tried to cover the light that was coming in under the desk. Neither of us saw it. I only noticed it when I went home and stood on my bathroom with the lights off. Honestly, I don't think I will be getting anything better than this one. So I will finally start to add apps and enjoy my new machine. But I will be writing a looooooong letter to apple.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great

Ok, here is my update. This new one is better. Not perfect, but I have stopped looking for perfection. There is a slight bleed. Better than before, but still there. I did look and inspect at the store, but since I can't go into a pitch black room, I didn't see it there. I was on all four holding the unit under the table. The tech even tried to cover the light that was coming in under the desk. Neither of us saw it. I only noticed it when I went home and stood on my bathroom with the lights off. Honestly, I don't think I will be getting anything better than this one. So I will finally start to add apps and enjoy my new machine. But I will be writing a looooooong letter to apple.

As a favour, can you tell me which part of the world you are from? I have Stats. as yet unproven about where all this faulty kit is coming from / going to

Would be much appreciated :)

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One solution might be to avoid using it in the bathroom with the lights off. :p

Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:
I'm impressed that the local store has replacements to give you and that you are not waiting 2-4 weeks in between ipads.

AppleStores have two stocks of iPad's, one for selling and one for replacement. So even when the AppleStore has no iPad's for sale, can you get a replacement unit.

Most reactions