What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typing Problem ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

New iPad user.

I am having a devil of a time typing.

I am a reasonably fast typist, certainly not super fast, but the text that appears is often not what I typed.

Is it the speed capability
of the unit, or I am dragging my fingers wrong on the keys, or...?

Any tricks or hints ?
I use one finger on each hand to type.

Thanks.
Bob

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using the on-screen keyboard, join the crowd. It is not easy to type on and is not really meant for extended typing. Use the dictation feature if you can or get a bluetooth keyboard, if you need to do lots of typing. Or just slow down. A touch screen is a different beast.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that it takes practice to learn how to type on the iPad's virtual keyboard. I am a touch typist and I've gotten pretty good at it over these past couple of years.

The biggest thing to realize is that you cannot rest your fingers on the keyboard. You have to hover... Also, the keys will darken when you press them, so you can tell if you've hit them or not. Just look for the dark shadows as you aim for the middle of the keys.

Sorry to not be of better help, but it really is practice, practice, practice. :)

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also check out your keyboard settings. You may want to turn off auto-correction.

Most reactions