What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two astronomy apps I've been using recently

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
The first I downloaded was GoSkywatch Planetarium

GoSkyWatch Planetarium

A fantastic app that makes the iPad a magical telescope that when pointed towards the sky it maps all the heavenly bodies up there!

The second is from the same company, but is a seperate standalone app, it works in exactly the same way but it tracks satellites, space stations and other mechanical space vehicles, very interesting......if you like that sort of thing

GoSatWatch

I've been using the first for a good while now, and use it regularly, perfect for the beginner, amateur and even the experienced astronomer, the second is just a great way to find what those slow moving bright lights are in the sky.

Treat yourself to an early Christmas present, whilst led on your back out on the street, looking up to the sky dribbling and making that annual promise not to drink again, you will be able to name every star and satellite looking down at you.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoSkyWatch is the best I've seen for actually identifying what you're looking at in real time. For me, it's the right balance of detail and readability. Its night mode and adjustable lower magnitude limit put it over the top. I haven't seen another app with the latter feature, which is really useful to match the display with the visible sky. All the rest got deleted after one use.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts