What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter app keeps crashing!

ca66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! Very nice and informative forum here. Been lurking since i had the idea of getting the ipad, now I got my ipad 2 and very happy with it -- it instantly replaced my laptop for daily use!

Anyway, been using the thing for a week now and installed the Twitter app on day one- no problems since then but last night it started crashing. I reinstalled the app, restarted the device couple of times but no luck. I load up the app, sign in, it tries to update the timeline and bam its back on homescreen. App seems to be running on the background tho. I'm running ios 4.3 on a 16 GB iPad 2 Wi Fi.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - did a search on here and Googled it as well but nothing popped up regarding this issue. If i'm reposting anything sorry for that!

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use echofon which is working fine. Never used the original twitter app...

Echofon is apparently better from what others have told me.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

OP
C

ca66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ thanks. Official app works fine for a couple days now. Confusing but oh well..

Cityluv22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep having the same issue on my iPad 2 and have tried to fix it by doing the same things as you, ca66 but it continues to happen!:mad: wish I knew how to fixit!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to close it.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

If all else fails, delete the app and reinstall it.

Rustyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I ended up deleting the app. when I went to the app store and reinstalled the app, the app store shows it is installed but there is no icon on my home screen.....any ideas?

Rustyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rustyd said:
I had the same problem. I ended up deleting the app. when I went to the app store and reinstalled the app, the app store shows it is installed but there is no icon on my home screen.....any ideas?

Ok... I reset the home screen and now the icon is there

Most reactions

Latest posts