What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turnin on icloud?

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is ICloud activated...? I have an iCloud account and am using very little space. I have followed instructions but can't get to the page to activate.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ricardo--check this link out on how to set up icloud. Personally, I do not need the services of icloud at this time. I know others have found great use for it, but there is still some confusion with initial set up and the actual function of icloud versus other cloud services we traditionally know of.

Apple launched this immediately after the big update to help people understand better the how and the what of icloud. Hope this helps you! :eek:

See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipa...oud-set-up-guide-help-you-get-up-running.html

Last edited:
OP
R

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi Ricardo--check this link out on how to set up icloud. Apple launched this immediately after the big update to help people understand better the how and the what of icloud. Hope this helps you! :eek:

See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/49489-apple-launches-icloud-set-up-guide-help-you-get-up-running.html

Thanks..I have seen this info and video,but never had been asked to turn on icloud as I had set up the IPad via ITunes not having wifi at the time..should I go thru a reset?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, go to your iTunes setting and make sure you have set the back up to iCloud. From everything that I have read here, not everything syncs to the iCloud. Be certain you have backed up your photos, or any other important notes by emailing it or saving it elsewhere.

Once you have set iTunes, than do the iCloud set up on your iPad by going to settings/cloud. Here you can determine specific things for cloud support.

OP
R

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
First, go to your iTunes setting and make sure you have set the back up to iCloud. From everything that I have read here, not everything syncs to the iCloud. Be certain you have backed up your photos, or any other important notes by emailing it or saving it elsewhere.

Once you have set iTunes, than do the iCloud set up on your iPad by going to settings/cloud. Here you can determine specific things for cloud support.

iTunes settings on pc iTunes site to enable backup to iCloud.i already have activated items for iCloud in settings.have an account etc.. I just never saw the turn on iCloud box during initial setup as I used itunes and not wifi at that time to setup

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what else. You have signed online to make create your iCloud account. You have set iTunes up for back up to cloud. You have gone to your iPad to settings/cloud-and that is where the hang up is. Is your cloud account different than you iTunes account? Can you verify this as being the correct one you are using? Perhaps you have to sign in on your iPad in cloud settings as well.

Make sure also to turn "on" iCloud backup under settings on your iPad. [settings/icloud/sorage and back up/turn icloud back "on." Can you get to that screen.

Like is said, I don't use cloud.

Take a look at this search: How to activate iCloud - Google Search

Last edited:
OP
R

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I am not sure what else. You have signed online to make create your iCloud account. You have set iTunes up for back up to cloud. You have gone to your iPad to settings/cloud-and that is where the hang up is. Is your cloud account different than you iTunes account? Can you verify this as being the correct one you are using? Perhaps you have to sign in on your iPad in cloud settings as well.

Make sure also to turn "on" iCloud backup under settings on your iPad. [settings/icloud/sorage and back up/turn icloud back "on." Can you get to that screen.

Like is said, I don't use cloud.

Take a look at this search: How to activate iCloud - Google Search
I followed direction to set my itunes for backup to I cloud..connected iPad right clicked device which gave me a backup to pc option ..not iCloud. The pc has iCloud installed.my ID and password are stored in the icloud acct. Back up is set to iCloud..I just never saw a turn on iCloud box when setting up..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be activated than. You said in your original post that you have very little storage.

OP
R

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You should be activated than. You said in your original post that you have very little storage.

I have 4.6 Gb available which never changes despite added photos , apps which are iCloud set..perhaps my question is moot..just never obtained an iCloud activation question nor icon

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no iCloud icon you will see on your "desktop" of our iPad. You know already how to verify how much storage and what you can switch off and on for backup to the cloud. For most people, 4.6 gb is a lot. So up you may not see it fill as quickly as you think.

OP
R

ricardo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
There is no iCloud icon you will see on your "desktop" of our iPad. You know already how to verify how much storage and what you can switch off and on for backup to the cloud. For most people, 4.6 gb is a lot. So up you may not see it fill as quickly as you think.

Thanks for your help.."and for putting up with my questions ."

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem, glad to help. Sometimes it's good to double check to make nothing was missed!

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im having trouble with iCloud, I used to be able to link my iPad calendar with my iPhone and for some reason it has stopped linking the both together with iCloud.

Most reactions