What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuneIn car mode

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
How do you enable the car mode in TuneIn for the iPad?
I saw how to do it on the iPhone version, but haven't found it on the iPad version.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Not a clue! I have been through every button/screen on the iPad (I have the Pro version of Tunein). Cannot find it anywhere. Even a Google search tells me it should be there.

And, yes, it's right there from the Settings gear on the iPhone. Just ... not the iPad! I'm thinking it's not actually there for the iPad.

So, this isn't really an answer - it's just me subscribing to this thread in hopes that someone else knows. Cause it'll bug me, now...

Marilyn

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If its an app can you not contact the author?

I sent an e-mail to the TuneIn people using the feedback feature on their web page. Contact Us I asked them about the missing car mode feature on the iPad.. It's been three days now and nobody has responded. I'll post back here if/when they do.

Last edited:

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Car mode supposedly changes the buttons to an extra large size to make it easy to operate TuneIn when you're driving..

I got a reply back from them regarding being unable to find the buttons today.. Here it is:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. You may want to try
restarting your device by holding down the top button for 5 seconds and
then pressing it down again to restart. You can also try deleting and
re-downloading the app. This will be a free download as long as you use
the same iTunes account you used to purchase it."

I rebooted my iPad, but still can't find the car mode option.. I'm not in the mood to remove and reload the app right now so I can't comment if that works or not..

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooted..... no car mode

I'm hesitant to delete/reinstall until someone confirms it's a fix, because deleting the app means I'll lose all my saved favorites.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is car mode supposed to look like the first photo in the app store?

My Tunein looks like that, but I didn't do anything to get it to look like that. I don't remember what it looked like before. I don't see any way to change the display from what it looks like now. Maybe it's already in car mode?

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is car mode supposed to look like the first photo in the app store?

My Tunein looks like that, but I didn't do anything to get it to look like that. I don't remember what it looked like before. I don't see any way to change the display from what it looks like now. Maybe it's already in car mode?

That's normal mode

Car mode on the iPhone makes the play/pause button large, easier to click on.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's normal mode

Car mode on the iPhone makes the play/pause button large, easier to click on.

I just deleted and reloaded and it looks exactly the same. Maybe they're just taunting us with pretend car mode, lol.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car mode supposedly changes the buttons to an extra large size to make it easy to operate TuneIn when you're driving..

I got a reply back from them regarding being unable to find the buttons today.. Here it is:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. You may want to try
restarting your device by holding down the top button for 5 seconds and
then pressing it down again to restart. You can also try deleting and
re-downloading the app. This will be a free download as long as you use
the same iTunes account you used to purchase it."

I rebooted my iPad, but still can't find the car mode option.. I'm not in the mood to remove and reload the app right now so I can't comment if that works or not..

Well, TBH - they are definitely not helpful. I deleted the app (TuneinRadio Pro) and reinstalled it. Still no car mode option (I am assuming it would be in the settings portion of the app as is the one for the iPhone).

I give up. I don't think that it is included in the iPad version ... and I don't think the person who e-mailed you has a clue. :mad: Now that I have the iPhone, the iPad doesn't leave the house anyway... but still!

Maybe it'll appear for you if you delete and then reinstall it? Maybe it's just me. Thanks for asking the developers, though.

Marilyn

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm.... Perhaps if more people asked about this car mode thing they might come out with a fix.. If anyone has time to send TuneIn a quick message, click here ---> Contact Us <--- This link will take you to the TuneIn feedback form on their website.. From there, it's easy to send them a quick message asking how car mode is supposed to work. Perhaps if enough people ask, they might do something about it.

The reason I'm so interested is that I DO use the iPad and TuneIn quite often when I'm in the car and think this would be a great addition to the app (If it worked :) ).

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm.... Perhaps if more people asked about this car mode thing they might come out with a fix.. If anyone has time to send TuneIn a quick message, click here ---> Contact Us <--- This link will take you to the TuneIn feedback form on their website.. From there, it's easy to send them a quick message asking how car mode is supposed to work. Perhaps if enough people ask, they might do something about it.

The reason I'm so interested is that I DO use the iPad and TuneIn quite often when I'm in the car and think this would be a great addition to the app (If it worked :) ).

I emailed TuneIn yesterday. Haven't heard back.

I saw people on another forum asking the same thing.

Dowatchagotado

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same as Mickey and got the same (canned) response. Doesn't Apple crack down on app creators that claim features that they don't deliver?

Most reactions

Latest posts