What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tucano Cornice Leather Folio Case for iPad 3!

FreddyTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, here is my review of the Tucano Cornice leather folio case for the new iPad 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
FreddyTV

FreddyTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So after a week of using this case I must say that I love it. The sleep/wake feature is nice to have on a folio and the Eco-leather feels awesome to the touch. If you like slim folio style covers, this might be the one for you. It retails for $70 but you should be able to find it for cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@FreddyTV, your video review helped sell this one to me, bought a purple one from carphone warehouse here in the UK for £40

Fits fine, feels very well made and one added bonus over the old smart cover I has is the fact it has a magnet on the back, so you can keep it open without the cover flapping about.

It's slim enough to not be intrusive, and in fact the ipad3 will still fit in my belkin pleated neoprene zipped case with this on, which tells you it's pretty slim. That's important to me as I use the apple bt keyboard in an incase origami workstation case, so it needs to still fit on that stand.

In terms of colours, they had red, cream and purple here. The cream looks like it would get filthy very quickly though...

OP
FreddyTV

FreddyTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@FreddyTV, your video review helped sell this one to me, bought a purple one from carphone warehouse here in the UK for £40

Fits fine, feels very well made and one added bonus over the old smart cover I has is the fact it has a magnet on the back, so you can keep it open without the cover flapping about.

It's slim enough to not be intrusive, and in fact the ipad3 will still fit in my belkin pleated neoprene zipped case with this on, which tells you it's pretty slim. That's important to me as I use the apple bt keyboard in an incase origami workstation case, so it needs to still fit on that stand.

In terms of colours, they had red, cream and purple here. The cream looks like it would get filthy very quickly though...

Glad my video helped! Would love to see some pics of your Cornice...post some if you can.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That case looks beautiful. I agree, please show us the purple one. I love purple on my devices.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice review.

I like the stitching around the perimeter. How much does the case itself weigh?

The only downside for me is that the typing angle is too small. I prefer a less shallow angle. For me, that is the major failing of the smart cover and any case that matches that typing angle.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep getting an error message when I click the link. Can you tell me the name to search for it

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=SuuMn_7gBOY&feature=player_embedded

remove the space in front of "youtube".

Last edited:

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, here is my review of the Tucano Cornice leather folio case for the new iPad 3.

FreddyTV,
I am having a CAPDASE case :thumbs: that almost look like your TUCANO case :thumbs:.
Mine was White with dotted pattern on the leather skin surface.

I having another new case for my new iPad.
It's in silver with diamond pattern silk skin that shine in many angles view. :thumbs:

Attachments

• Old case.jpg
    Old case.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,013
  • New Case.jpg
    New Case.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,846

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-3901478797.jpg

Weather is dull and lousy, so a struggle to get one that shows the colour properly but hopefully you get the idea!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That purple case looks mighty fine.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. This is a gallery of fine art!

Greggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spotted a Tucano Cornice in red at my local Carphone Warehouse and was very impressed, but it was the iPad 2 version - the guy in the store said it would fit the 3rd Gen iPad, but the cutouts are slightly different and the auto sleep magnets are in a slightly different position. The only place I could find the updated model (in Red) was EBay.

Most reactions

Latest posts