What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to write app reviews

H

hazi1610

I like to review apps as it's helpful to people who aren't sure whether to download or purchase and reading reviews is very helpful.

Since having my iPad 2, I have rated some apps and written some reviews but they never show up.

I'm assuming it takes a little while but not one of my reviews is appearing and then write a review option is still there.

Just wondering why and where my reviews are disappearing to.

Any ideas anyone?

From Alison, Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this on a couple of occasions myself and never been sure what the problems was. As far as I'm aware the reviews cannot be 'censored' by the Developer (in the sense that a bad review will be published). But, certainly, some of my reviews have appeared, so not quite sure what the problem is. The only issue that's worth looking into, perhaps, is that - if a new update is issued - the reviews for the older versions of the app don't appear by default and you have to press the 'All versions' button at the App Store to be able to see them.

Tim

OP
H

hazi1610

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I've had this on a couple of occasions myself and never been sure what the problems was. As far as I'm aware the reviews cannot be 'censored' by the Developer (in the sense that a bad review will be published). But, certainly, some of my reviews have appeared, so not quite sure what the problem is. The only issue that's worth looking into, perhaps, is that - if a new update is issued - the reviews for the older versions of the app don't appear by default and you have to press the 'All versions' button at the App Store to be able to see them.

Tim

Thanks, unfortunately, there is still no sign of any of the reviews I have written. Most annoying. Lol

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you writing them? By that, I mean are you 'responding' to a pop-up request in an app to write a review, or are you going to the App Store and clicking on the 'Write a Review' button?

Tim

OP
H

hazi1610

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
How are you writing them? By that, I mean are you 'responding' to a pop-up request in an app to write a review, or are you going to the App Store and clicking on the 'Write a Review' button?

Tim

I've done it both via a pop up and via the app store itself where it says rate it and write a review.

Totally baffled.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously they have something against people from Bournemouth!! Though it's lovely there, because my wife and I have visited many times.

Why not email the Developer and see what's going on?

Tim

OP
H

hazi1610

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Obviously they have something against people from Bournemouth!! Though it's lovely there, because my wife and I have visited many times.

Why not email the Developer and see what's going on?

Tim

Lol, maybe.

It's not just one app, it's quite a few so no point emailing the developer. Wonder if it's cos I am doing it on the iPad and not the computer, although that would be silly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It would be an App Store problem anyway. I doubt the developer can do anything about reviews except complain to Apple.

I've heard (no confirmation, just speculation) that you can only write a review some few days after buying the app. If true, it's probably to make sure you have really tried the app before reviewing. That should slow down the false/spam reviews.

If you are using promotion codes to get the apps, maybe that is blocked as well. It would be a wide open invitation to review abuse, after all.

OP
H

hazi1610

twerppoet said:
It would be an App Store problem anyway. I doubt the developer can do anything about reviews except complain to Apple.

I've heard (no confirmation, just speculation) that you can only write a review some few days after buying the app. If true, it's probably to make sure you have really tried the app before reviewing. That should slow down the false/spam reviews.

If you are using promotion codes to get the apps, maybe that is blocked as well. It would be a wide open invitation to review abuse, after all.

No promotion codes used and some of the apps I've had for a couple of weeks before reviewing so no idea.

I did figure it was probably an app store issue, oh well, will keep trying from time to time and hopefully eventually it will be resolved.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, I write all my reviews using the iPad. But the poet's suggestion that it might need to be a few days before you are 'allowed' to write one, might be correct.

I'll try and review an app I've just downloaded and see.

Tim

OP
H

hazi1610

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
For sure, I write all my reviews using the iPad. But the poet's suggestion that it might need to be a few days before you are 'allowed' to write one, might be correct.

I'll try and review an app I've just downloaded and see.

Tim

I would go with that except some of the apps I have tried to review, I have had for a couple of weeks so still doesn't make sense.

I think it must be an app store issue.

Zeta08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I've had problems on iPad2 just trying to get access to WHERE to write an app review: when I click on 'write a review' it seems to just re-load the page but doesn't provide me a place to write a review. It accepts my star rating, but even then it seems to just jerkily take me to the top of the page when I've submitted it so I have to scroll down to see if anything was accepted. As you seem to have been able to write reviews in the first place, I must be missing some obvious place to write text - otherwise seems v buggy to me! I wanted to write a really positive first review for an app but can't

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone is having this problem at the moment - so it's not just you. I've been trying to write a positive review for the last few days and experience exactly the same problem as you do. I'm hoping that the Developers will put pressure on Apple to fix the problem.

Tim

Hello, I've had problems on iPad2 just trying to get access to WHERE to write an app review: when I click on 'write a review' it seems to just re-load the page but doesn't provide me a place to write a review. It accepts my star rating, but even then it seems to just jerkily take me to the top of the page when I've submitted it so I have to scroll down to see if anything was accepted. As you seem to have been able to write reviews in the first place, I must be missing some obvious place to write text - otherwise seems v buggy to me! I wanted to write a really positive first review for an app but can't

Zeta08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Everyone is having this problem at the moment - so it's not just you. I've been trying to write a positive review for the last few days and experience exactly the same problem as you do. I'm hoping that the Developers will put pressure on Apple to fix the problem.

Tim

Thank you, good to know it's not just me missing the obvious- but what a shame this is stopping good reviews!

Most reactions

Latest posts