What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tripod for new ipad 3

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a lot of HDR photo's which requires a second shot, of the same source, to merge the different settings. Due to my disabilities, I need a tripod to mount my IPad 3, to maintain the stabilization of the photos.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a tried and true tripod for the IPad. It must be capable to maintain the IPad, without the possibility of it falling off.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Cecil

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what HDR photos are, but I have occasion to make panoramas using the DMD Panorama app. To do the panning smoothly and accurately, I built a simple holder for my iPad 3, as shown in the attached photos. With a spacer of 3/8" plywood, shown, the iPad fits very snugly into the holder, and there have been no accidents. It is wide enough to keep the center of the lens over the rotation axis of the tripod head.

If you have access to simple woodworking equipment, this is about as cheap and simple as it gets.
Parker

Attachments

• image-1721394667.jpg
    image-1721394667.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 815
  • image-2779706427.jpg
    image-2779706427.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 444
OP
crw1948

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all for your inputs. Still looking, but you have provided so great tips.

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DocPhyz, Since my $20 solution didn't work out, I'm interested in trying yours.

I can work out the wooden part, but would you provide some explanation of how you managed the connection to the tripod head?

Lane

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure thing, Lane --

Sorry it's not visible in the pics, but I happened to have a 3" length of 3/16" X 1.5" X 1.5" aluminum angle lying about. So I drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 hole in it directly below where the centered iPad camera lens is, then screwed it to the wooden mount. The aluminum riser is on the rear side in my photos. Fastens very securely to my tripod mount.

Hope this helps (ignore the extra holes -- this was a piece of re-purposes scrap):

image-112849622.jpg

Parker

Most reactions

Latest posts