What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tried to update ipad 2 to 5.0.1 and now my ipad wont get past plug into itunes screen

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason it wont install apple mobile device drivers so it never gets recognized in itunes so now i can do anything with my ipad 2.

Ive uninstalled drivers itunes and restarted comp 3 times ive tried diffrent usb ports and nothen....

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Same thing happened to me. I was upgrading on a PC, using Windows XP.
I thought I'd bricked. Took it to the Apple store and the Genius wiped it ( I had backed up before attempting iOS 5 install.)
She loaded 5.0 for me and Ta-Dah!

I'm saving enough cabbage to get a Mac. Until then none of my devices are getting close to my clunky old PC.

AA

OP
B

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
theres no way ill buy a mac i game on my pc which is a quadcore with 4gb ram and gtx460 running win 7 so i dont see why its doing this. i just put it in dfu mode and it tries to restore but everytime it says error on these damn usb drivers.

OP
B

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya i built it gonna do a small upgrade in a few days to a amd hd6950 video card. I finally got it to work but was a pain in the ass formatted one of my partions and did a fresh install of win 7 and itunes and bam installed ios 5.0.1 from the ipsw file.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
bL33d said:
Ya i built it gonna do a small upgrade in a few days to a amd hd6950 video card. I finally got it to work but was a pain in the ass formatted one of my partions and did a fresh install of win 7 and itunes and bam installed ios 5.0.1 from the ipsw file.

A colleague of mine builds them as a hobby. He swears by Radeon. That's cool that you BYO. Better than giving your money the Dell (Alienware)
or HP (Voodoo).

AA

Most reactions

Latest posts