What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried a screen protector but disgarded it.

What is your status with a screen protector?

• Total voters

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many of you tried to put a screen protector on your Ipad, gave up, and either just threw it away or returned it to the vendor?

Goober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have mine on just because I travel a lot and want to protect it. I'd love to know if anyone has a screen protector that works well.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have more than 20 iPads in full daily use with staff that travel all over the world and none have screen protectors. No scratches. No damage. Jobs is right - they are not needed to protect the screen.

I put one on my original iPad and threw it away after one day because of the reduced sensitivity.

-t

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no issues with my screen protector, I will not use my ipad without one and it works perfect with one on.

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
My boss had Ghost Armour put his screen protector on his iPad and it works great! They did it within minutes and they guarantee it. It was a bit pricey (I think it was $50 for front and back protection) but money wasn't an issue for him. He has no issues with sensitivity so far.

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No scratches. No damage. Jobs is right - they are not needed to protect the screen.

I put one on my original iPad and threw it away after one day because of the reduced sensitivity.

-t

Same here - the protector lasted for about an hour on my original iPad before i ripped it off. Never bothered w/ iPad2. No scratches or other screen problems with either one.

Goober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marabou Muddler said:
Same here - the protector lasted for about an hour on my original iPad before i ripped it off. Never bothered w/ iPad2. No scratches or other screen problems with either one.

Thanks to you both. I might get brave and remove mine soon.

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
I have one on my iPad 2 made by MyGear and it is AWESOME! Does not affect the sensitivity at all and super super easy to put on. No bubbles!!!! I bought mine thru Amazon and I got two screen protectors for under $20 so if you are looking for an excellent screen protector just Google MyGear screen protectors. I'm sure I don't need one as it's in a case but I feel better knowing I have a little extra protection.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

FryGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, I don't see the urge to buy a screen protector. I have a Belkin full cover case, so when i'm not using it, its fully protects the screen and when I am using it it's not going to get scratched against anything.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jobs is right - they are not needed to protect the screen.

-t

Yep. I totally agree 100%. Have had mine over a year and not one scratch. Once I was with someone and I could not figure out why his screen was so dull and didn't pop like mine.

He had a screen protector on it. No. No No.:D

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Screen Protectors on all my devices from iPhone to iPad to touchscreen e-reader I have, and always have on all past PDA/Treo/WM-Pocket PC smarthphone devices. (earlier ones were also pointed stylus input). Still, even with capacitive touch screens, I use them. Mine have never interfered. To me, it's not worth the risk-these devices aren't cheap. Apple itself even sells them at least for iPhone-which is supposed to be anti-scratch.

jerihattrick43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried one - wasn't happy!!! So removed it one day

Sent from my iPad 64GB WiFi 3G - black

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use one on my iPhone and iPad. Maybe I am being over cautious but I would feel too vulnerable if the screen was unprotected.

Most reactions

Latest posts