What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricking websites regarding screen resolution

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
was wondering if there was any way to trick a site into thinking the screen resolution of the iPad is higher than it actually is. I have a form to fill out online but the website says my screen resolution is too low and I need to change my settings or use a different computer. I have no other device or computer, is there any way to overcome this issue?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is likely the website being badly coded rather than you not having a large enough resolution.

You might get better results by changing the browser agent which is being sent to the website to being IE or something other than mobile safari. Many of the 3rd party browsers in the app store can do that (like iCabMobile etc.) and there is also a browser agent tweak in Cydia I think. It's been a while since I've needed it...

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried a couple of other browsers, tried to make it so that the site assumes my browser is a PC using firefox or Internet Explorer. Might try that tweak out, otherwise i'm a little stumped. Thanks for the advice though, as always :)

Most reactions