What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to germany

Mikeyboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

just registered here, got an quick question. Next week I travel to germany, want to use my iPad 2 with an german micro sim card. Just found this website: Tarife iPad.

Seems like Fonic or Simyo is a good choice. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to look at the coverage maps to see whether the operator has good coverage in the areas you plan to visit. Here are the currently registered GSM operators in Germany and their coverage maps.

GSM Coverage Maps | Germany

Tim

OP
M

Mikeyboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

I´ve read now that T-Mobile or Vodafone are a good choice. I plan to visit Berlin, so I think Fonic (O2) is ok for me. I will stay 2 weeks there, so I think it will cost around 20 Euros for these 2 weeks. That´s really ok.

Marioeddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS in Germany. Help, please!

I have an ipad 2 with wi fi and 3G. I also have an AT&T iPhone 3GS. I have an AT&T voice and data plan for the phone and a 3G rate plan for the iPad (also AT&T). I am in US. Will be traveling in Germany for two weeks next month and want to be able to use these devices for GPS, translation and other apps. For communicating with family in the states and Germany, I plan to use WhatsApp and Skype as much as possible. Except for emergencies, I don't expect to call or receive calls in Germany from the US, although I'd like to be able to make calls within Germany.

Please, someone, give me some advice! I am a newbie all around, from the gadgets to the travel.

THANK YOU!!

Most reactions

Latest posts