What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling Overseas with an iPad

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, the charger says 110-240 volts. Does that mean it will take 220 or 240 volts so all I need it the proper adaptor for the country? Don't want to buy a converter if I don't need to.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
you may as well get both - most are sold together and the difference in price isnt worth not having the converter. it will also help regulate the power flow, which, depending on where you go, can be a little spotty.

I just got back from being in Europe. The converter saved my camera from being blown, as it took the hit from a power surge that wiped a number of devices in the hotel we were in.

Get the converter, comes with the adapters. Cheaper than a replacement iPad.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need is an adaptor. It will not blow up if you use it with the manly electricity you get outside of the US ;)

*edit: unless you go to a country with a third world style electricity network. ;)

OP
T

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be in 5 star hotels throughout. I know my iPad and Canon camera both will accept 100-240 volts so all I really need is the adaptor. I have a small surge protector that I may take along since it is not larger than the iPad charger.

OP
T

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Best Buy yesterday and got an adaptor w/surge protection for $19. BB said that was all I needed (and I agree). Also picked up the camera connection kit. Checked the airline I'll be flying to Israel and the 777 has a 110 plug at each seat, 9" TV monitor at each seat and 250 movies to chose from (probably terrible movies since I saw a short list and didn't recognize any) so I'll have 3-4 movies downloaded to watch going over and coming back.

Most reactions