What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Music Wirelessly

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to change out the music on my 64GB Wifi iPad 2 without using the cable. Besides using iTunes Match, is there a seamless way to do this (I just don't see the point in uploading all that stuff, much of which I don't even like)? I prefer to use the native music app on the iPad for playback, but would consider other apps if they do this and offer an equivalent or a better experience than the native app. My music library is stored on a Windows 7 PC, if that matters.

Thanks.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I guess you just open iTunes, drag music from your library into the iPad folder, then plug in and it is sync, right? I guess you remove music the same way, then?

Thanks for the reply.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
No plug in. Wireless. No cables. Then do it the normal way.

There,s a zillion instructions here how to wirelessly connect pc and device.

To synch via WiFi you have to have iTunes running on your PC and the iPad connected to a power supply. Eventually it should start to synch. If it doesn't then open the settings app, general, iTunes WiFi synch and the press Synch Now. That screen also tells you when the last synch tok place. I hardly ever connect my iPa to my PC.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I meant plug into power, as that is how wireless sync is done. I guess you have to plug in to something either way.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True but I find iTunes does not always see my idevices when not plugged in to computer...sometimes it does, sometimes it does not! Sometimes itunes will see one device and not the other. And sometimes before it finishes syncing, it "loses" the connection. Great when it works...annoying when it does not!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The best 'fail safe' way i find of making iTunes 'see' devices wirelessly is to make sure 1 is booted up in the presence of the other whilst the other is already on. Bringing together the 2 items that are already on doesn't garantee a connection.

Ie, I usually fire up iTunes, then completely fresh boot my iPad. All wirelessly. Always works for me without dropping.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a bit bizzare that the iPad 2 can lose the ability to sync with the PC 3 ft away....but at the very next instant can access either music or movies via a wireless share.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Gtatler said:
Settings app page defiantly states iPad MUST be plugged in.

It must be plugged in for it to automatically start a sync without any intervention from the user, but you can manually sync anytime your on your wifi network, anytime you like, wether its plugged in or not.

Most reactions