What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring iPad to new owner

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the new iPad and moved all my apps and data to it. I'm going to be giving my iPad 1 to my wife and I'm wondering what is teh best way to "transfer" it to her - i.e. so she will use her own itunes account, own apps, etc.

Should I restore it to original factory settings or is there some way to just change accounts on it? The reason I'm asking is because iPad 1 has had two major OS upgrades since I bought it, and restoring it to factory settings would require running all the software updates, I presume.

So if there is an easier and quicker way, Id like to know. There's no data security issue here, since it's staying in the family.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take it down to factory settings. All firmware upgrades that you've done will stick with the iPad. If there are more needed, the new owner can do them.

OP
S

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take it down to factory settings. All firmware upgrades that you've done will stick with the iPad. If there are more needed, the new owner can do them.

OK so do I restore to factory settings before my wife plugs it into her computer?

Most reactions

Latest posts