What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from iPhone to iPad while travelling?

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently picked up an iPhone 4S and I'll be using this as my camera when I'm travelling. What's the best method to move pictures/video from my iPhone to my iPad for better viewing when I don't have access to my computer? I don't think the Apple Camera Connection Kit will do what I want?

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Search Photo Share in the app store. There is a wifi version and a blue tooth version by Cateater. I have both. A little slow but it does the job to transfer from iDevice to iDevice.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Last edited:

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The blue tooth version of photo share is neat as you can use it everywhere, device to device.

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try photosync from the app store. Excellent app. Can transfer super fast via wifi and also Bluetooth but not as fast. Simple to use! I loveeeee it!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera connection kit works easily, but maybe you mean to do something fancier than just moving photos? No Internet connection needed if you're just moving photos from phone to iPad.

Last edited:

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
The camera connection kit works easily, but maybe you mean to do something fancier than just moving photos? No Internet connection needed if you're just moving photos from phone to iPad.

The camera kit can work both ways? I mean from the iDevice to the card also?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera connection kit cannot be used to transfer photos from an iPhone to an iPad afaik.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to offer my non-professional method that I use because my iPad is an older firmware, and because I really like the system it's based on. It's called Web Albums - for Picasa albums. It allows you to sync and edit with Google's Picasa web albums which I find fantastic. Not only does the service work well on my iDevices, but it's great on the desktop, and you can effectively work with your photos on any computer. You get a ton of free space with Google when you sign up or use your current Google account.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera kit can work both ways? I mean from the iDevice to the card also?

I'm not clear what you mean. I take photos with iPhone and use the CCK to move photos to iPad. That's the only thing I use it for. I don't use a card.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not clear what you mean. I take photos with iPhone and use the CCK to move photos to iPad. That's the only thing I use it for. I don't use a card.

I'm with Kaykaykay on this one. If the CCK isn't designed to allow transfer of photos from a camera (or a camera app on a phone) to the iPad I can't imagine what its purpose is. Is the issue that the the photos are on a phone rather than a camera?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone needs steps with the CCK for transferring from iPhone 4 or 4S:

Plug in kit to phone and iPad. Your iPad should automatically open and display all your phone's photos onscreen, as thumbnails. On iPad, it will say Delete All and Import All at the bottom of your screen. You click whichever photos you want to import. It will let you know if your iPad doesn't have enough space. Once you've copied the photos of your choice, you will be asked whether you want to delete the photos from your phone. Whatever photos you've imported to iPad will be in an album named Last Import. If you import again, those earlier imported photos will end up in an album called All Imported.

I've not tried moving those imported photos around on iPad among albums, so have no details about that.

I originally bought a CCK to use with my digital camera, but it turned out my camera is so old it's not supported. And my iPhone 4 actually took better photos, so I ended up using it as my camera and my iPad to display the ones I like. I took about 2,000 photos on one trip, didn't want to scroll through on iPhone to show off a few, so I transferred them to iPad. No Internet or PC was involved in transferring; just iPhone and iPad, and CCK, of course.

By the way, I've tried with my iPhone 4S. Works fine, too.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny thing is, a friend liked my iPhone photos so much that he had me copy some photos to his iPad during a trip, then he went home and bought an iPhone 4 and CCK.

I'm lazy about tech, so I recommend stuff only if it's easy.

Most reactions