What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from 4s to iPad 4

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, im going to a trip next week, i have lots of gigas free on my ipad 4 32gb but my iphone 16gb have only a few gigas free, so i plan to take photos during the day and when return to hotel transfer the photos to my ipad so the iphone is free again for the next day,

I ordered the camera kit, but today i replaced my ipad 3 for a new ipad 4 so the camera kit will not fit,

Any bluetooth app that i can transfer multiple photos at same time without shrinking the file size,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use an app called Photo Transfer App. Awesome for iDevice to iDevice and iDevice to Mac and PC. Will work both wifi and bluetooth and is super easy to use.

jeff8640

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just used the Photo Transfer App. and it worked a treat! Was able to restore all photos from iPhone 5S to my iPad 4 that for some reason had lost them!
I`m very non-tech, but found the process very straight forward. Thanks for the tip! jeff8640

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Use an app called Photo Transfer App. Awesome for iDevice to iDevice and iDevice to Mac and PC. Will work both wifi and bluetooth and is super easy to use.

Also, a 'thumbs up' for the app above, which I've been using successfully for a short while - in the past, I relied on the PhotoSync App which works in a similar fashion; have not done a lot of comparison but PhotoTransfer may be a little easier to use. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As a side note: If the missing photos were in the Photo Stream album, then you need to be aware that this is a temporary album. It will only hold up to 1000 photos. When that number is exceeded new photos will replace the older ones. If for any reason the Photo Stream gets deleted, it does not recover older photos. It just keeps adding new photos from that point on.

Photo Stream was never intended to be a shared album between devices. It is just a convenient way to copy your newest photos from one device to another. If you don't copy them, then they go away.

If you want to create permanent albums that will be shared between devices then iCloud Photo Sharing is the built in solution. These albums are permanent and like Photo Stream do not count against your iCloud Storage limit. Unlike Photo Stream, it is not automatic. You must choose and add photos to the shared albums.

The new iCloud Photo Library feature will also share photos between devices, is permanent, and it's automatic. However, it will count against your iCloud storage limit. It's also still in beta, so the reliability is questionable.

Most reactions