What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer movies to ipad

Ro_DL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how can i transfer my movies to my ipad? my movies format is avi, plz help.?

helix2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I convert my movies to MP4 format then move to Itunes and then to Ipad2. There may be some other apps that will play avi but I so far have not used them.

adam_chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with helix, you have to get it in mp4 format. Depending on the format of your file and the codecs used, it may not be easy. Google for mp4 encoders.

scmic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ro_DL said:
how can i transfer my movies to my ipad? my movies format is avi, plz help.?

The app is called flex player and its free. It plays even mkv and flv and you can transfer files through itunes ipad application pane.

scmic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app is called flex player. Its free and plays even mkv and flv files. Trasfer goes throug itunes by wire, so its fast. Read the manual.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

There are plenty of threads and even a guide (that I wrote) on how to transcode your movies to the right format for your iPad. A search should bring them up.

OP
R

Ro_DL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks :) and how could i convert my movies to mp4 format? What software can i used?

OP
R

Ro_DL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you soo much my friends....i did not find the flex player but i was able to convert my movies to mp4 format by downloading gom encoder,and i was finally able to sync my movies to my ipad, :) even my gom encoder i install was only a trial good for 30 days,hehehe, so i must covert all my movies before the end of its trial period, thanks a lot to your helps my friends.....

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The really ridiculous thing is that you have to go to all that trouble in the first place. If there's one big gripe I have with the iPad, it's Apple forcing use of mp4. Period. You should be able to put those .avi videos on the iPad and play away. My pet peeve gripe with the iPad.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AVPlayer HD. Priced at $4.99, its one of the apps I use most and definitely worth the price. It plays a wide variety of file formats and I play HD mkv videos on it with no problem,. Try it out.

Most reactions