What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tour de France app?

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking...is there a Tour de France app that will give us up to day info on how the race is going? (Yeah I know it doesn't start until July....I'm just getting ready.)

I don't want a TdF game, rather a news feed, streaming video, etc once the TdF starts.

Is this too much to hope for?

Thanks.
CM

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yub. Check out one of then many news feeds.. I think CNN will let you set auto updates on any topic. I do it on my iPhone but haven't tried it on the pad, but it should work in any case

e-maginweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.e-maginweb.com
Hey,
I just released an app yesterday on the AppStore. It's not really what you're looking for but maybe some other people can find it interesting. The link for it is: itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-france-2010-le-guide/id376427205?mt=8

It's more like a stages guide for people who wanna attend the event this summer. For each stages it gives you some piece of information like time schedule for the caravane, start and finish, location on Google Maps for start and finish and all the highlights of the race (sprints, summits) and some details about the start and finish cities.

OP
CMFox

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
I just released an app yesterday on the AppStore. It's not really what you're looking for but maybe some other people can find it interesting. The link for it is: itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-france-2010-le-guide/id376427205?mt=8

It's more like a stages guide for people who wanna attend the event this summer. For each stages it gives you some piece of information like time schedule for the caravane, start and finish, location on Google Maps for start and finish and all the highlights of the race (sprints, summits) and some details about the start and finish cities.

Thank you. From the description it looks like a great app to get background info on the stages. I'll download it. I wrote the TdF asking for an app and received a very polite reply of "Non." Sigh. Its my favorite summer event I want to take it with me.

THanks.
CM

Last edited:

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take it there is still no app for the 2011 TdF? I haven't found anything yet.

Been looking in app store daily yet nothing... I knew the NBC takeover of VS would screw us over!! :-s

Even the @vscycling twitter page (nbcsports really) claims the app is available, but it's not... They just want us to sign up for their ridiculously overpriced "All Access" bs...

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. Well, if I sign up for all access, will I get live streaming video of the TdF? For about the same price I can upgrade my Dish subscription and get Versus and watch it on TV.

Not sure which way to go.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a cheap ($0.99) app for the TdF by 'Echoman PTY LTD' in the app store... No live video, but it's also not $ 30 ;)

There does seem to be an "official" TdF out there, but looks like it's blocked in US app store.... :(

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I follow the link to the iPad app from nbcsports, iTunes opens up to get an app and then this msg appears:

XHk12.jpg

When I search the app store for the iTV live tour app, it finds nothing.

This page seems to indicate there is a live view mobile app for the iPad for $14.95 and a web-based app for $29.95.

I'm not clear on the difference except that the iPad app does not yet exist, afaik.

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Australia SBS television has released a Tour app. It looks good. SBS provide wonderful coverage of the race. I don't know if this app is available outside of Australia.

Geoff

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I follow the link to the iPad app from nbcsports, iTunes opens up to get an app and then this msg appears:

XHk12.jpg

When I search the app store for the iTV live tour app, it finds nothing.

This page seems to indicate there is a live view mobile app for the iPad for $14.95 and a web-based app for $29.95.

I'm not clear on the difference except that the iPad app does not yet exist, afaik.

Well the VS/NBC All Access iPad app was released last night I guess. Was able to download. And yes, the in app purchase to get live video feed is indeed $15 - which is way more reasonable than $30 (which I guess is the web version price).

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course - there has to be a catch! If you get the app (free) on both your iPad and iPhone, and do the in-app purchase on the iPad, it doesn't get recognized in your iPhone as purchased - like a regularly purchased app. Should have known they'd do something like this.

Most reactions

Latest posts