What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally disillusioned with iPad 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, regretfully, and last Apple product I will ever buy. Can't use the Bluetooth for anything except Apple products. No flash allowed. Biggest bugbear is the Bluetooth aspect due to greed by Apple. Technologically due to Apple short-sightedness with allowing certain third party apps this piece of garbage dates back to the dark ages.
Even have hassles if you want to print something as it will not recognise the printer. Can't watch attached wmv files. I have never ever had any issue with using BT on any phone or laptop except an Apple product. Tried it for a month but just so many hassles. Only place for it now is eBay or the bin and then to buy something decent! Rant over.
In the meantime thanks to all the people who did try and help and offer advice. Unfortunately no one is able to help with any of issues listed above.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry it didnt meet your expectations. It really does do a lot of things really well but I can understand your frustrations too. There are other tablets you could try but I think you'll find they have some issues too.

OP
S

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry it didnt meet your expectations. It really does do a lot of things really well but I can understand your frustrations too. There are other tablets you could try but I think you'll find they have some issues too.
Not disagreeing with that but partly the blame lies with the salesman who when asked specifically whether the BT was compatible told us "Yes" and in a sense he was right. Just that he never mentoined only with Apple products. I can't remember if I asked whether it was BT compatible with Nokia phones and a Samsung laptop. Not being able to use BT to send photos from a phone to iPad is biggest bugbear and the main reason why the iPad was bought. Never even thought about wmv file issues when doing a bit of research.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with that but partly the blame lies with the salesman who when asked specifically whether the BT was compatible told us "Yes" and in a sense he was right. Just that he never mentoined only with Apple products. I can't remember if I asked whether it was BT compatible with Nokia phones and a Samsung laptop. Not being able to use BT to send photos from a phone to iPad is biggest bugbear and the main reason why the iPad was bought. Never even thought about wmv file issues when doing a bit of research.

Yeah, thats kind of lame. They could be more detailed about what is really supported and whats not really supported. Good Luck with whatever you end up with!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in this house!!!!!

(3) iPhone 3G, (2) iPhone 4, Apple TV 2nd, Apple Extreme, iPad 1, iPad 2 3G, iPod touch 3rd Gen and a MacBook Air(Late '10).

No 4S yet(because i like what Cydia has to offer).

Will be adding more ASAP in 2012.

Only if you learn to be patient, and learn how to use the products, you will be happy......Like Me!!!!!!

Not bragging, just showing that if it didn't work, i wouldn't have them.

OP
S

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in this house!!!!!

(3) iPhone 3G, (2) iPhone 4, Apple TV 2nd, Apple Extreme, iPad 1, iPad 2 3G, iPod touch 3rd Gen and a MacBook Air(Late '10).

No 4S yet(because i like what Cydia has to offer).

Will be adding more ASAP in 2012.

Only if you learn to be patient, and learn how to use the products, you will be happy......Like Me!!!!!!

Not bragging, just showing that if it didn't work, i wouldn't have them.

Have you learnt how to use Bluetooth with an Andriod phone or a windows laptop and iPad 2 or how to open websites with Flash installed or open wmv files? Simple tasks that any Andriod or Symbina based phone can do but Apple's great technology cannot! If you have please tell us how to do this as it will be appreciated by myself and thousands of others who got suckered into buying an iPad 2 thinking that a simple app would resolve any issues..

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you learnt how to use Bluetooth with an Andriod phone or a windows laptop and iPad 2 or how to open websites with Flash installed or open wmv files? Simple tasks that any Andriod or Symbina based phone can do but Apple's great technology cannot! If you have please tell us how to do this as it will be appreciated by myself and thousands of others who got suckered into buying an iPad 2 thinking that a simple app would resolve any issues..

I can feel your pain to some extent but it would have benefitted you to verify without question about the features and performance you were expecting. The iPad certainly does have some shortcomings but its got a heckuva lot of strengths and things it does great. It appears that your requirements happen to be in areas where the iPad is not the best choice. I wouldnt worry much about Flash support - thats a dying software package and Ive found that it matters less and less as I surf the web. As for blue tooth, not much you can do eher unless Apple increases their supprted item list. Ill admit that this is a little cheesey.... blue tooth is blue tooth and it should all work seemlessly with any BT device or theres hardly a point to supporting it.

Hope it all works out. Why not give the iPad a chance for a little longer? Or, if you can return it for a refund then just do that.

Re_an

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad 2 and it's working great for me. I really don't use the blutooth much because i Have my android and vaio for that. Surfing is ok even if there's no flash support...i actually think it is faster so that is fine with me. This is the first apple Product i have ever owned. I admit it takes a lot of getting used to but it gets better after a few days...the software is great for me and i pland to buy an iphone soon...i think the samsung galaxy or sony will be best for you. Their softwares are more flexible. I like android too that's why i love my phone! Good luck to your tablet conquest...

P.S. Research on your own salesmen rarely help...they just try to sell...

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only place for it now is eBay or the bin and then to buy something decent! Rant over.

If'd you'd like to donate it to an educational organization or underpriviledged family...I am sure there would be many takers for your ipad! That might be a thought...Good luck with your finding a new tablet to fit your needs.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the OP, somewhat.
Yes, the iPad is SEVERLY limited compared to the newer tablets that are coming out. If I could, I would go for the asus transformer that just came out. I will always keep an iPad though. But I am going to go for an android phone because of apple's limitations.
But you live with what you have.

On the contrary, because the iPad does have some limitations, it works extremely well in other areas. Yes its Bluetooth sucks, but the good really outweighs the bad here. I am very glad I bought an iPad instead of something like the HP TouchPad. (...shudders...) Yuck.

iPad isn't for everyone, but it does appeal to the majority of people and the way that it works so well and the design are what makes it the dominant tablet on the market. Hopefully the iPad 3 will blow everyone away and make the iPad the obvious choice again.

Last edited:

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, one of the lessons I learned during my iPad experience was to get a second opinion. Much of what I was told by salesmen was wrong (sometimes by omission). This does make doing the research more difficult.

I still find the iPad to be pretty useful. I can work around most of the issues and can live with that.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OPlayerHD will open many video files. When you have it on your iPad, just tap and hold the video file until you get the option to open in OPlayerHD. There is a free lite version.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what you wanna do with bluetooth, just research other ways of getting the job done....there is ways.

The new 4S has bluetooth 4.0 and the newer Macbook Air does too. Bluetooth 4.0 have more features and better battery life.

Maybe dropbox can assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions