What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrents

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if you can download an ebook and put it on the iPad (not jail broken)
Cheers

B.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends upon the format. There are a number of apps where you can open epubs or pdfs. Stanza, Bluefire, etc. I'm not sure what ebooks you are hoping to open but there are apps to open all of the ones I'm familiar with.

Reaction score
I don't get it.

You want to download the ebook via torrent, or what is the purpose of the title? In any case, torrent downloads don't work on iPad. Other than that, you can open most ebooks on the iPad and in worst case convert it to a PDF before putting on the iPad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just unzip and load into iTunes for the transfer.
If you have downloaded mixed file types take a look at a free program called Calibre as it can convert into iBooks format and do covers etc..

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can't load epub files to itunes as far as i know, however you can drag them from your hard drive where you downloaded them, directly to the ipad section of itunes to load onto the ipad. Then you can view the ebooks via the ibook app(free from app store).

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks uses the epub format

I have never seen a book format I cannot read on my iPad but the native iPad reader format is ePub.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can't load epub files to itunes as far as i know, however you can drag them from your hard drive where you downloaded them, directly to the ipad section of itunes to load onto the ipad. Then you can view the ebooks via the ibook app(free from app store).

You absolutely can add epubs to your iTunes library and then sync them to your iPad. No question about it..

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GeeWillikers said:
You absolutely can add epubs to your iTunes library and then sync them to your iPad. No question about it..

Any chance you could make a YouTube video to show us how to?

Most reactions

Latest posts