What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrents on iPad

SPC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone manage to download torrents on

Last edited by a moderator:

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you better avoid any thread like that, otherwise you get banned.
Let's assume for a moment...
that the OP is wanting to share videos of his summer vacation.

What are your objections to the post???

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone wishing to control their PC doing the grunt work of torrent downloading could use iTeleport which is a cool app that I recommend for anyone doing any kind of remote work.

Alternatively, uTorrent supports a built-in webserver to control the torrents.

UTorrent mobile client - Forums - Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client

Legal torrents are very popular. Not as popular as illegal torrents, which I don't condone.

I personally collect and share old microfiche government sponsored documents called "Appropriate Technology" with lots of cool stuff like how the Peace Corps trained farmers, fisherman, topics of sanitation etc over the bit torrent network.

None of this is against the rules. Even, apparently the type of torrents that I won't talk about.

I personally use AirVideo to look at all my videos (of any format, including Flash and .MKV) wirelessly from my PC to iPhone/iPad. It is a universal app, and works great and is highly recommended.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@numlock are these microfiche public torrents? In other words what do in search for..... BTW I use utorrent on my little netbook, and I seldom actually download anything..... But I enjoy obscure old, indie label Christian rock stuff from the 70's and 80's, and torrents are the only place some of it even exist. Those microfiche sound like something I would like ......

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@numlock are these microfiche public torrents? In other words what do in search for..... BTW I use utorrent on my little netbook, and I seldom actually download anything..... But I enjoy obscure old, indie label Christian rock stuff from the 70's and 80's, and torrents are the only place some of it even exist. Those microfiche sound like something I would like ......

Yeah, you can find them all over. In fact, I just came across a new collection (13 GB) using Google.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=appropriate+technology+torrent]appropriate technology torrent - Google Search[/ame]

Its like old Peace Corps stuff - tons of it. Growing cabbage and home-produced Methane in Africa. Simple human powered well-digging in India. Occasionally I just want to know how to do stuff...even if I'll never do it of course. But its like the sum-total of public domain knowledge doesn't require machines and electricity, and I wouldn't want to let it die out. So I contribute a little piece of my hard drive to it.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

Yeah, you can find them all over. In fact, I just came across a new collection (13 GB) using Google.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=appropriate+technology+torrent]appropriate technology torrent - Google Search[/ame]

Its like old Peace Corps stuff - tons of it. Growing cabbage and home-produced Methane in Africa. Simple human powered well-digging in India. Occasionally I just want to know how to do stuff...even if I'll never do it of course. But its like the sum-total of public domain knowledge doesn't require machines and electricity, and I wouldn't want to let it die out. So I contribute a little piece of my hard drive to it.

Thanks, I shall check them out :)

ermak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try this: itorrent dot ermak dot us (sorry, have no permissions to post links yet)

It's plugin for mobile safari, works both on iphone and ipad

Actually, I am developer who looking for beta-testers

Jdaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ermak, AWESOME!!!!!!
This is perfect for a portable device. And BLAZING fast.
Thank you

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying this now...combining this, with my hulu, I can finally shut my PC down for good!

I get my favorite radio show every day from a torrent, and this is perfect.

Only problem I'm seeing is that its really slow...and it shouldn't be....Using uTorrent on my PC, I got this same show in 2 minutes...

zeph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get back to the torrent page after I close it?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A new version is available here: http://itorrent.ermak.us/

Awesome. Big thumbs up!

A note why this isn't spam from this Mods' view: This guy responded on-topic to a thread started by someone else asking for exactly the solution that Ermak is promoting. And he did it with a post that (as far as I can tell) doesn't contain anything for sale.

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where in the file system do you save an mp3 so you listen to it with the ipod?
Im downloading college lectures but dont know how to access them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts