What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrent downloader for Safari

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Is this cydia tweek working in the ipad2, or just the iphone4 and ipad only? For some reason it's not working in my ipad2. When i tap the "download torrent" button nothing opens.

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it on my ipad2. Works well in most cases. Sometimes I get no download because of the fact of not enough seeders!! Overall I love it.

OP
R

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that when I tap the "dl" button the options available are:

1. Download
2. Download to
3. View

and none leads to the normal torrent screen as in my iphone4, where it works perfect.

Last edited:

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Choose the "download link" afterwards go to ifile if you have it installed. var/mobile/media/download. Locate that download, click on it. It will bring up a box with several options. Click on "web viewer". Your download link will appear! Cheers

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Choose the "download link" afterwards go to ifile if you have it installed. var/mobile/media/download. Locate that download, click on it. It will bring up a box with several options. Click on "web viewer". Your download link will appear! Cheers

Many many many thanks!!

OP
R

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd been using a bunch of the lesser clients too since that's all I could find in Cydia. It just popped in to my head to google "bit torrent client iOS" yesterday. Shame it's not more known since it seems to be the most complete client available.

Athough I should point out that to get it to work in the background, you have to use the workaround given in the wiki of the google source project that I linked to above.

I wonder how many good open source apps there are floating around that have no presence on Cydia. Hell, a month ago, I had to download the terminal app from it's project page since the one in Cydia wouldn't run on the iPad 2.

Last edited:

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder how many good open source apps there are floating around that have no presence on Cydia. Hell, a month ago, I had to download the terminal app from it's project page since the one in Cydia wouldn't run on the iPad 2.

As do I! Thanks for this. Do you run Backgrounder with it as suggested? I assume it doesn't have native multitasking support?

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As do I! Thanks for this. Do you run Backgrounder with it as suggested? I assume it doesn't have native multitasking support?

I do run backgrounder. Without it, your downloads pause when you switch out of the app.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've really tried to avoid running that which got easier with most apps. It seems kinda wonky at times. Another question, did you install it from your computer? I thought I could open it from ifile or using the help of an unnamed program that installs IPA's but no luck.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Backgrounder is a free app on Cydia (the "store" for jailbroke apps & tweaks). Just go to Cydia and run a search. There will be two - the one I've used is version 1.0.4-1.

Marilyn

OP
R

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, but the reason I ask is because I have already searched without success. Which repo is it in?

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Backgrounder 1.0.4-1 from the Big Boss repo.

[Moderator edit: removed reference to piracy...]

//was not referring to piracy. Was referring to THE ONLY app that allows you to install this legitimate app. There's no "*wink wink nudge nudge* go pirate things" here. There's only the statement that, for some reason or another, there's no other application that allows you to install this LEGITIMATE, OPEN-SOURCE application. It's not as though I'm encouraging or enabling anyone to pirate paid apps.

Last edited:

Most reactions