What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many apps

klehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to put a movie on my ipad3 to take on vacation. Itunes tells me there is not enough room. It shows the majority of my space is taken up my apps. So I removed the ones I didn't think I would need on vacation. I am down to only 33 apps, none of which are big. Itunes shows that they take up 5.5 GB. I took the time to add up my apps actual space and I came up with 467.9 mb. Is there a setting or something I am overlooking? Hoping someone has an answer for me.
Thanks in advance!
Kim

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
what is the information (on the iPad) that shows when you open up Settings -> General -> Usage? The top part shows what is on the actual iPad and how much space they take up with data.

OP
K

klehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah Ha!! I went to settings and something showed up that did not on itunes...People magazine app is 3.5 mb but in my settings it is actually 3.5 GB! Mystery solved thanks so much Like my mama always said, ...a day is not complete unless you learn something new. My day is complete!:)

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup i also thirst for more space in my ipad hopefully ipad 6 would be available for 500gb finger crossed because from the magazines itself already took much space per mag now that i have to delete them on my ipad and transfer backup to cloud or my laptop after i read them and i read about 10 mags per month so thats about 1 to 2 gigs wasted space already :ipad-movie:

Most reactions

Latest posts