What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of waiting

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless money was a factor, don't understand why people didn't get out of bed on launch day and order it online. Never purchased an apple product in my life other than ipods and fail to see how anyone didn't see this coming.

mmaaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really surprised to see ipad enthusiasts waiting weeks/over a month to have it shipped (if you live in the US).

I am in the NYC area and have had zero trouble getting my hands on the one (multiple times). Sounds like different parts of the country have it worse than others.

April 7 I went to the 5th ave 24-hour Apple store in Manhattan, got there 530ish am (iPads go on sale at 8am). Line was easily 100 strong..but I (along with what had to be 200-300 people behind me) got ahold of one without a prob. I considered my self lucky reading stories on here about people who paid weeks ago and have nothing to show..and yeah 2.5 hours of waiting at the crack of dawn is a bit of an annoyance..but beats waiting WEEKS.

I chalked it up to a fluke, but today I decided to switch up my wifi for the 3g version. I called 5th ave Manhattan Apple around 2pm and asked if they had any 3g 16gb in stock, answer was yes to ATT and VERIZON (more verizon naturally). Hopped on the subway and had a 3g ipad 2 in my hands exchanged with zero wait time. Literally in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes. And holy CRAP was the store packed full-like the Costco of Apple STores. They must be getting 18-wheeler shipments of these things to serve everyone.

I am almost kicking my self for going through so much trouble the other day waking up so early.

Seriously. Before you order check your local brick and mortar stores.

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katoosh said:
I was able to pick up the xoom and the iPad2 at a best buy at the same time. I really wanted to try out the xoom and I had already had the iPad for a year. Well, I had the xoom for a week. Honeycomb is just not ready yet. The apps formatted for the larger screen are few and far between, and a lot of comparable apps are just not as good. One thing android does have going for it is google integration. It is amazing, google mail, navigation, maps, sky, body ... The list goes on. It was buggy though with a number of force closes, android 2.x apps that dent even work and just force close etc. The notification system was also really well done and I am hoping apple updates that is iOS 5.
Sorry, but the iPad tablets are just better right now. Give google another year to get their OS and the developers going and I think it will be good

Ios5 WILL have an much better notification system. Take it to the bank my friend.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I finally found one at a target in Clarksville ,TN while on the road.

Veritas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I happen to call wal mart and they had gotten in one that morn. They held it for a few mins for me and I went and got it. Yay me!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Veritas said:
I happen to call wal mart and they had gotten in one that morn. They held it for a few mins for me and I went and got it. Yay me!

Congrats. Enjoy the addiction.

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 was supposed to arrive yesterday. I have been tracking its journey since I was notified that it had shipped on the 4th of May.

I checked this morning and it is now only 1 state away.

So tomorrow is the BIG day!

Finally!

BTW I thank everyone who is a member here, I have learned so much reading these posts since joining the middle of last month.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good grief, you can't wait two weeks?

I ordered mine from Apple and got it two weeks later.

Patience is a virtue.

I have also ordered a number of new cars over the years in order to get exactly what I wanted. Five weeks (Gasp) is really no big deal when you drive it just the way you wanted it for ten years.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also ordered a number of new cars over the years in order to get exactly what I wanted. Five weeks (Gasp) is really no big deal when you drive it just the way you wanted it for ten years.

LOL, so are you planning on using your new iPad 2 for the next 10 years??

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just kidding by the way, I wasn't willing to settle for just any model iPad just to get one.

I wanted a black 64 gig 3G or nothing. I had one ordered from apple that was going to take a month, but found the exact model I wanted at Walmart in the mean time so I bought it and cancelled the apple order.

I agree 100% on vehicles I drive by the way, I work at a huge car dealership (I am an IT Administrator) and always order vehicles to get exactly what I want.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just kidding by the way, I wasn't willing to settle for just any model iPad just to get one.

I wanted a black 64 gig 3G or nothing. I had one ordered from apple that was going to take a month, but found the exact model I wanted at Walmart in the mean time so I bought it and cancelled the apple order.

I agree 100% on vehicles I drive by the way, I work at a huge car dealership (I am an IT Administrator) and always order vehicles to get exactly what I want.

;):)

Veritas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Congrats! Let us know how you are liking it!

It is amazing. It was worth the girlfriend being mad over hahahaha jk. I dunno why it is awesome. I've had a couple ipod touches and essentially that is all this is but wow. It's a whole different ball game

JJK said:
Congrats. Enjoy the addiction.

Addicted indeed. I'm trying to decide what case and accessories now.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
great news, addiction! Of course it is!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions