What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time flys .....My 4th anniversary with iPad forums

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Four years ago Apple delivered the iPad to the world. Back then the thought of a mobile device with a 10 inch screen excited many including myself and after researching many forums, I joined iPad forum on this day 4 years ago. In some ways I became addicted to being here spending several hours a week discussing the upcoming tablet plus assisting the moderators and admin with support to the members. These were exciting times and once the iPad was released the excitement grew. It was not long after I joined the team as a moderator and with the help of Admin staff created the international sub forums. Looking back our team did an amazing job of answering questions sorting issues and greeting new members. The big topics back then were flash or the lack of and wifi problems. To many the iPad was a toy..... Who would have ever though that today we have 5 different iPads with more than 500,000 apps available. The iPad is used in business, corporate, education, government and of course consumers. The forum has grown from just a couple of thousand members to an amazing 330,000 plus membership. Our volunteer mods and admin staff monitor the forums 7/24 from around the world including USA, England, Scotland, Greece, Canada and of course Australia.

I want to thank all our Admin and moderator volunteer staff not only in this forum but all 3 forums and of course the owners of Forum Foundry and our News teams for supporting me. This is one fantastic place to be... a great place to meet other users and share stories about your experiences with the iPad.

A special thank you to our members because without you we would not be here.

Love to hear from any users whom joined 4 years ago to share there experiences.

Cheers Colin

Administrator

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 4 year anniversary, Colin! May you have many more.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 4th year anniversary Col. And thank YOU for your contributions and guidance. I say BONZA! To that:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time really does fly by, I'm heading towards three years here, Congrats Col and here's to another four years.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats, Colin, and thank you for your fine contributions on behalf of others in the world of iPads and iOS devices!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Col!

I'm so glad you did choose this Forum to join and thank you for all that you have done to help make this Forum what it is today!

Cheers!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good going, mate. (In my best Aussie accent)

Time indeed flies. Doesn't seem five minutes since you announced your 3 year anniversary. Well, we still have a hell of a forum, and things look set only to improve as the range of products gets bigger and better.

Looking forward to the next 12 months.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The numbers grow now almost a million posts with Leelai leading every one with 23,103 posts. Simple great
Members: 312,357
Threads: 100,499
Top Poster: leelai (23,103)

Most reactions