What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Cook Talks all Things Apple on Late Night With Stephen Colbert

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
tim-cook-on-late-night-with-stephen-colbert.jpg

Tim Cook made a thoroughly entertaining appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night, talking about a wide variety of Apple topics, with Colbert even getting him to talk about the top-secret Apple Car project.

After taking a few good-natured pot-shots at Apple during the monolog, Colbert began the interview by brandishing his rose gold iPhone 6s before talking to Cook about the new phones, including features such as 3D Touch and Live Photos.

As far as the rumoured Apple car is concerned, Cook was pretty general in his reply, as you might expect, saying simply, “We look at a number of things along the way, and we decide to really put our energies on a few of those.” Colbert recorded Cook’s answer on his iPhone 6s.

Talking about the two movies that have recently been released about Steve Jobs, Cook said that he hadn’t see either, but that he didn’t like the negative way in which Jobs has been portrayed in some of them. “He was a joy to work with. And I love him dearly and miss him every day. I think a lot of people are trying to be opportunistic and I hate this. It’s not a great part of our world.”

Cook also talked about his charity work, and about coming out as gay last year in a bid to help others.

“It became so clear to me that kids were getting bullied in school, kids were getting basically discriminated against, kids were even being disclaimed by their own parents, and that I need to do something. And where I valued my privacy significantly, I felt that I was valuing it too far above what I could do for other people. And so I wanted to tell everyone my truth.”

Source: Tim Cook Talks iPhone 6s, Social Responsibility, and More on 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert'

Attachments

• Tim Cook on Late Night with Stephen Colbert.JPG
    Tim Cook on Late Night with Stephen Colbert.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts