What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Cook meets with Beats Audio CEO to discuss music service

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
r

Apple might be working on a really interesting project, fresh news reveals. A report coming this week claims that Apple CEO himself, Tim Cook, met with Beats Audio CEO and hip hop oriented music producer Jimmy Iovine in order to talk about setting the foundations of a new service, which has been nicknamed “Project Daisy”.

Reuters added that chief of media development, Eddy Cue, was also present at the important m​​eeting, which overall covered a lot of interesting topics. The report goes on to say that Cook showed significant interest in the concept and layout of “Project Daisy” but no palpable deal has been made just yet.

AllThingsD conducted an interview with Iovine in January, and back then he said that he intended to schedule an appointment with Eddy Cue in order to discuss in depth more about the project. Apparently, “Project Daisy” isn’t a new idea circling around the tech world. As a matter of fact, Iovine stated that he brought the same idea before Steve Jobs back in 2001 and he seemed quite interested by it even if “he didn’t want to pay record companies enough”.

Iovine is a long time partner of Apple. Besides owning the Beats company, he is also in charge of the music label Interscope-Geffen-A&M and has been one of the first people to invest in what was to become the iTunes service.

Apple has been rumored for some time to be working on a streaming music service that will be able to rival the Rhapsody, MOG and Rdio services.

Source: Reuters

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beats? Man, please....whenever I hear that name I think "too much bass". And I think "overpriced". Oh...now I see the connection. :)

Most reactions