What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those AntiPaders!

Ipadenthusiast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Ipad 3 months ago and absolutely love it. I was just wondering if anyone else gets loads of comments from "AntiPaders" i.e: people who don't own an Ipad but still love to tell you how useless they are.

Has anyone got some good responses to shut the Antipaders up?

Thank you!:)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
You already got your iPad 3? Oooooooo, awesome. Spill the beans on it mate

As for anti apple peeps, and I know a lot of them, just ignore. Don't argue. Just don't enter petty squabbles.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with the antiipad3er's, I think that iPad 3 is rubbish......I'm gonna wait till the next iPad 3 comes out next year!

The Archangel

OP
I

Ipadenthusiast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha - Sorry I got my 'IPad' - 3 Months ago!:p (Stupid Punctuation)

Any advice on Antipader responses??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You already got your iPad 3? Oooooooo, awesome. Spill the beans on it mate

What a Forum, great technical advice and a sense of humour.

I've never had that problem - in fact, precisely the opposite. Even after more than a year on the market I still get people coming up to me and asking about it. So I'm always happy to give them a demonstration and, having 3G, makes it even more 'gee whizz' because people are amazed I can do my emails and surf the web on the bus/train/ etc.

And, of course, I always point them in the direction of iPad Forum...:D

Tim

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can take Apple's position, "If you don't have an iPad, then, well, you don't have an iPad". ;)

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you learn to not care about what other people think, life becomes much more relaxing:D

Here are my thoughts:

Are you paying my bills?
are you sleeping with me?

If the answer is no to both of those then I just don't care what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:
Once you learn to not care about what other people think, life becomes much more relaxing:D

Here are my thoughts:

Are you paying my bills
are you sleeping with me

If the answer is no to both of those then I just don't care what you think?

Love this response!! I think I am going to use it on my in-laws. It is the perfect response for people with useless opinions! Hazahh!

Reaction score
I'm a mutt. I've got a Windows desktop XP and Windows 7 laptop, Windows 6.1 mobile phone, Android phone and Apple tablet because I got what works best for me and mine.
Opinions are like arm pits, everyone has them and they sometimes stink. Opinions are like butts , everyone has one and they are sometimes crappy.
I used to be the the poster child for anti Apple but I leaned years ago they were needed to push the other platforms forward and the other platforms are needed to push them forward.
Insecurity is what causes one to not accept what you like or dislike, just ignore it or just compliment them on the clothes they are wearing to change the subject and stroke their ego so they'll go away.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I don't care about someone's rant, I just smile and walk away as they're speaking. It's disconcerting to them, and it means I don't have to listen to their drivel a second longer. :D

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a mutt..

Me, too. Was one of the original corps of Unix folks years ago in Berkeley. And I've been using PC's for nearly as long. Currently have a desktop, a laptop, and a netbook; all very capable systems. The iPad 2 is my first venture (other than an iPod) into the Apple ecosphere.

I find it amusing that there's a dedicated cadre of anti-Apple folks out there. Just as rabid a group of fanboys (and fangirls) as the Apple-only crowd.

The iPad is not a universal computing device. And in adjusting to it, I've found a number of attributes I don't like. But with a bluetooth keyboard it has largely replaced my netbook when I travel. Furthermore, it's the only "computer" I have that I can share with my six year old daughter and can even let her play with (largely) unsupervised.

IMO no manufacturer has achieved the nirvana of a "killer device" that obsoletes everything else. The iPad obviously fills a rather broad niche somewhere between the capabilities of the best smartphone and a notebook. As better Android tablets are introduced, the iPad's weaknesses will be more widely recognized (or eliminated). But at the moment, its strengths and uniquely vast set of applications make it a game changer.

Those who don't recognize the value of an iPad either don't have or don't know they have requirements that the iPad meets brilliantly.

Reaction score
I'm a mutt..

Me, too. Was one of the original corps of Unix folks years ago in Berkeley. And I've been using PC's for nearly as long. Currently have a desktop, a laptop, and a netbook; all very capable systems. The iPad 2 is my first venture (other than an iPod) into the Apple ecosphere.

I find it amusing that there's a dedicated cadre of anti-Apple folks out there. Just as rabid a group of fanboys (and fangirls) as the Apple-only crowd.

The iPad is not a universal computing device. And in adjusting to it, I've found a number of attributes I don't like. But with a bluetooth keyboard it has largely replaced my netbook when I travel. Furthermore, it's the only "computer" I have that I can share with my six year old daughter and can even let her play with (largely) unsupervised.

IMO no manufacturer has achieved the nirvana of a "killer device" that obsoletes everything else. The iPad obviously fills a rather broad niche somewhere between the capabilities of the best smartphone and a notebook. As better Android tablets are introduced, the iPad's weaknesses will be more widely recognized (or eliminated). But at the moment, its strengths and uniquely vast set of applications make it a game changer.

Those who don't recognize the value of an iPad either don't have or don't know they have requirements that the iPad meets brilliantly.

In some folks minds Apple= snob or snob wannabe. That is the biggest thing I run into, the whole " so you think you're all that now" just because I bought an iPad. Not a word said by me, just seeing it.
Then there are those who I've never seen before, saw my Otterbox Defender case on my Windows phone, approached me with " is that an iPhone?" and as soon as I say " no, it's an", they are gone before I say " Omnia", the ones that ask, while I'm using it, is my Incredible an iPhone and as soon as I say no they are gone . Those are the ones that annoy me more than the ones who hate my Apple product.
Either way it's a closed minded attitude.
Life is too short to be a fanboi.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My grandmother had a saying - "Little things please little minds"

I love my iPad....and they're just jealous!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts