What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinnest possible hard sleeve cover?

Mfnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have a rucksack with a near perfect size pocket for fitting an iPad into. Only problem is that it only has a thin layer of fabric between that pocket and the main compartment so when the bag is fully loaded it makes it difficult to get the iPad in or out and can cause dents and scratches in the smart cover.

I have been (unsuccessfully) looking for a thin but solid case or plate to place in the pocket behind the iPad to keep the pockets shape and reduce damage to the case but all I can find are the sleeve cases which generally have zips and so are too wide or thick to fit in the pocket with the iPad. Therefore does anyone know of any suitable sleeves or similar which may do the trick? I have tried cutting a piece of cardboard to size but looking for something a bit more permanent, perhaps more metallic.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Find a local machine shop and have them cut you a piece of aluminum to size. Should't cost too much.

Or, go to Staples (or other office supply store) and get a clipboard. It shouldn't take to much cutting and sanding to make it just the right size.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the clipboard idea. Cheap and easily located.

A quality home builder store will also have plastic sheets and will typically have scrap pieces for cheap - with a cutting service. I put a 1/32" sheet into the sleeve of a full size backpack for $10 cut to size

Most reactions