What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thin hdmi cable recommendation

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased the hdmi out dongle for my Ipad2. It works awesome. I am currently using a spare 15ft hdmi cable but the cable is just too thick and cumbersome. So I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can find a thin, flexible hdmi cable at a reasonable price

Thanks in advance.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incognito said:
I recently purchased the hdmi out dongle for my Ipad2. It works awesome. I am currently using a spare 15ft hdmi cable but the cable is just too thick and cumbersome. So I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can find a thin, flexible hdmi cable at a reasonable price

Thanks in advance.

I believe the Apple Store has one (at a veeeeerrrry expensive price compared to allot of other ones, but it's worth it if your desperate and want it to look good to.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incognito said:

Thanks in advance.

I believe the Apple Store has one (at a veeeeerrrry expensive price compared to allot of other ones, but it's worth it if your desperate and want it to look good to.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

I have the same problem. I have a nice 12 ft. HDMI cable but the cable is too thick and heavy. The adapter keeps falling out of the iPad due to the thickness, weight and inflexibility.

The Apple cable is thin enough but it's only 6 ft., not nearly long enough to play games in front of my plasma TV. There must be a thinner, longer solution out there.

TomyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
I have the same problem. I have a nice 12 ft. HDMI cable but the cable is too thick and heavy. The adapter keeps falling out of the iPad due to the thickness, weight and inflexibility.

The Apple cable is thin enough but it's only 6 ft., not nearly long enough to play games in front of my plasma TV. There must be a thinner, longer solution out there.

Lookup monoprice.com tons of cables from all types at low price.

Last edited:
OP
I

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That Monster cable is exactly what I'm looking for! But there is no way I'm paying $150 when I can get a generic not thin hdmi cables from monoprice.com for dirt cheap... lol

The hdmi cable I'm using now is from monoprice. I just looked again and doesn't seem like they sell any thin ones... =(

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That Monster cable is exactly what I'm looking for! But there is no way I'm paying $150 when I can get a generic not thin hdmi cables from monoprice.com for dirt cheap... lol

The hdmi cable I'm using now is from monoprice. I just looked again and doesn't seem like they sell any thin ones... =(

When I finally get a back cover on my iPad2 I might just tape the cable to the back to take the stress off the connector when playing 1080p games.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i too am interested.

i paid about 5 bucks on ebay for a 4m length, but the cable is really really thick. i mean, really heavy. it's exactly what the photo showed in ebay, like all the other tons of items, but you cant gauge scale or size at all.

any realistically priced cables anyone can recommend? i dont mind the 15 quid Apple are asking, but 1.8 meters just isn't long enough.

any uk recommendations?

BillyW1952

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually found some great fairly light weight HDMI cables at my local Radio Shack and reasonably priced. They have 20 foot cables in the $80 range. I was able to get by with an RS brand 10 footer for $39. Works excellently for me.

OP
I

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice! Ordering one now. Looks thin enough in the pic. Thanks or the link!

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incognito said:
Nice! Ordering one now. Looks thin enough in the pic. Thanks or the link!

Yeah, I just ordered a 15ft. one for a total of $9.61 figuring I can always use a long hdmi cable for something if it doesn't work out for the iPad.

OP
I

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today... It is not as thin as seen in the pic, but still much thinner/flexible than the ones I have. For the price I think it was a good buy!
:D:p

Most reactions