What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The old "sync" problems

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Registered my Wife's new IPAD-2 earlier and tried to download my apps to it on my account. All the apps but one loaded???

However, at the end of the 4 part, I think it is, sync process I get.....

"IPAD CANNOT BE SYNCED..MAKE SURE YOUR CD DRIVE OR INTERNET CONNCTION IS WORKING".

Out of 15 apps, "GOOGLE EARTH" was the only one that didn't load???

What's going on?......Thanks!!......Ken:confused:

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought I had "responded" to a post, rather than "creating" a new post and I thought I had deleted that first one....Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glitches happen. Just sync the iPad again, and the app will probably get transferred. If not, check the Apps settings to make sure the app is check marked, check it if not, and try again.

Or, just open the App Store on the iPad, go to the bottom left and make sure you are signed on with your Apple ID, go the Purchased section and download the app directly to the iPad.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chek mark for synced app

Tried syncing that app with the others again and it doesn't show up on the pad.

Where exactly is it in I-Tunes that I see that "check mark" on the apps for sync verification?.......Thanks...Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the iPad plugged in to the computer go to iTunes and select the iPad under the Devices list. Choose the Apps page from the top of the page. There you will see a list of apps with check boxes beside them, a layout section showing how the apps are arraigned on the iPad, and a File Sharing section below.

For the apps to sync from iTunes you must have App Syncing turned on and the app must have a checkmark next to it in the list. If you are turning it on for the first time make sure every app you have/want on the the iPad has a checkmark next to it, or it will be removed on your next sync.

Most reactions