What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i need advice i dont know what gig size i should get 16 or 32. i dont play video on the ipad 3 i have a ps3 and xbox for that.
all i will be doing is music from itunes and surfing the net. should i even buy the new ipad or just get th ipad 2

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered mine. Black, 32Gb, 4G. The whole process took less than 4 minutes from start to finish.

dew1551

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black, 64gig, AT&T 4g. Ordered last night, coming on the 16th

audri5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took a little bit to get through but got my order in around 4:45 this afternoon. Got my confirmation and it says I should receive it sometime between Wendsday the 14th to Friday the 16th. When I ordered I asked if it would be shipped the 16th and he told me no. Said I will GET it by the 16th. Hope he is right. My husband is getting my ipad2.

Well I ordered one of the smart covers with my iPad since my old one is, well, old. Anyway, that is what could come as early as 14th. The iPad itself will come on the 16th. just wanted to clarify because I read it different and posted it wrong here originally.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like I just made it. They are already backordering the white models and the blacks should be soon to follow. I expect that by tonight, no one will be able to order one for March 16 delivery.

GARoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i need advice i dont know what gig size i should get 16 or 32. i dont play video on the ipad 3 i have a ps3 and xbox for that.
all i will be doing is music from itunes and surfing the net. should i even buy the new ipad or just get th ipad 2

IMHO - Get the largest you can afford. You'll be surprised how quickly 1080P video will eat up the HDD.

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad WiFi+Verizon 4G LTE 64GB Black

Ordered it yesterday afternoon. No shipping notice yet, but I presume that is because I didn't engrave it. The order status page says "Delivers March 16", so fingers crossed.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
tazz3 said:

For the price difference, $100, chose iPad 3 for the higher resolution screen.
If you're not going to store a lot of video and books, 16G will probably do. Consider 32 however since your habits may change once you get totally hooked on the device. ;)

AA

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just preordered a 64 gig white. My beloved Ipad 2 has 16 gigs, which seemed enormous last June when I bought it. Now I have to keep moving large items like magazines and videos off to make space. Music takes up a lot of space also but I keep most of that on my Ipod. Anyway, space is how I justified upgrading.

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered mine this morning at 6:30 and got the order acknowledgement shortly there after.

Delivery March 16th.

Black
64 Gig
Verizon

rebelwithacause

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered a 64gb white AT&T last night, got the confirmation email shortly thereafter, now in the usual processing items limbo. Same thing happened last year when I ordered my 64gb black AT&T but I think they might be better prepared this year.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
One thing wrong with 4g many parts of the country (UNITED STATES) do not have 4g coverage.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Yeah I know. AT&T 4G is really strong in my area (DC) in my experience and I don't travel much. I've been very frustrated at times with 3G so I'm hoping this will be better.

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea about 45 minutes ago, that was 6:50 PM MST . I ordered the 64GB black Wi-Fi only iPad 3. Now to be patient til the 16th.

tOSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine today, 32G, 4LTE, Verizon.

Confirmed for the 16th.

Also downloaded iPhoto and have already created a Journal. Sweet App.

allcity510

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i ordered mine at 1pm yesterday. received the shipping email. ups tried to deliver it today but i was not home. there was a message from ups at my door that said it was from apple. i confirmed it again by checking the tracking number online. i'm staying home tomorrow until the ups man/woman gets here!!!!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts