What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

CMax420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jaxtah said:
 I like the way you describe it as a 'life enhancement', Plainsman. Sums up my experience with my iPad2 perfectly.
My current project is trying to figure out how to get the videos I took on my camera (saved on to a SD) and now uploaded to DropBox onto iMovies so I can put them together . . . altogether an interesting learning curve.

Sent from here  to there on my iPad2 using iPF

I use photosnyc to transfer picture and video from my iPhone to my iPad. They say there's a desktop version so I'm pretty sure that is something you should look into for transferring wireless :)
Good Luck :)

andydajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo, after a very long wait and much indecision, I went to get my ipad 2 this morning. Hardly slept last night with excitement. Lol

I was so tired that I ended up going to bed for a couple of hours so haven't really played yet. Lol.

Have downloaded 3 apps so far. Lol. Gonna be playing this evening. Hehe.

I got the 32g wifi in white.

Must find the app foe this forum too.

Alison
Sent from my GT-I9000 using iPad Forums, soon to be sending from my ipad 2.

Congrats on your new purchase Alison, still a week to go for me. :-[

H

hazi1610

andydajo said:
Congrats on your new purchase Alison, still a week to go for me. :-[

Hehe, it will come around quite quickly, the worst bit for me was the night before. Hardly slept a wink. Lol.

You are so gonna love it.

From Alison, Sent from my iPad using iPF

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I officially have my ipad2. I returned by sammy 10.1 yesterday and now im a happy man. I previously had the ipad but sold it in March in anticipation of ipad2. Im just now getting around to it because I thought there were so many good android tablets coming out. Nothing, I mean nothing beats an ipad. And I have an android phone. Sorry for the ramble, but extremely happy to have one of these bad boys in my hands again.

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dukins said:
I officially have my ipad2. I returned by sammy 10.1 yesterday and now im a happy man. I previously had the ipad but sold it in March in anticipation of ipad2. Im just now getting around to it because I thought there were so many good android tablets coming out. Nothing, I mean nothing beats an ipad. And I have an android phone. Sorry for the ramble, but extremely happy to have one of these bad boys in my hands again.

Congrats. :) For me, holding an iPad 2 for the first time was a great feeling.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

misstay1694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my new white iPad 2 64g wifi & 3G as an early b-day gift last week, and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! I have actually not put it down. It is so great I have had no problems with it. The cameras are great, the on-screen typing is great, and the safari is super fast. Before this I had a iPod touch (2nd gen.) 8g, and I don't know how I got by on just that, the iPad is just AMAZING. I would TOTALLY recommend it to anyone! I have a lot of apps and pictures and I just love the look and feel of it. I also have a li e green smart cover which is so handy to type on and to prop up the ipad to watch videos on! BRAVO Apple, I give it a 5 stars FOR SURE!!!

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find just using the special cloths I bought to wipe off fingerprints on my IPAD has been working fine without a protector. I had considered one for glare but decided against it because it's really NOT that bad and they did admit it would change the look considerably inside.

H

hazi1610

michaela1 said:
I find just using the special cloths I bought to wipe off fingerprints on my IPAD has been working fine without a protector. I had considered one for glare but decided against it because it's really NOT that bad and they did admit it would change the look considerably inside.

I'm using a lens cloth that I got with my glasses, does the job nicely. Will buy one especially for the iPad next week though. Lol

Bovie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
I have a screen protector and I have not noticed diminished response from the touch screen. Go for it...you will get value from it. Ar least if your not happy, you can remove the screen protector and wipe off the 'residue'.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

I bought a screen protector but I just couldn't get it and the screen clean enough to fit it without any particles getting caught in it. Ditched it in the end, just got a case that doesn't rest on the screen, so if anything at shouldn't be on the screen gets on there the case isnt in contact With the screen to actually damage it when not in use.

Last edited:

jussumguy88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine!!!! It's AMAZING!!! I'm thinking about gettingba smart cover... Should I???

I wouldn't suggest it....personally doesnt provide enough protection for me. My girlfriend is a walking hurricane and she's dropped my iPad already...luckily for her life it had an otter box on it. Lol.

H

hazi1610

jussumguy88 said:
I wouldn't suggest it....personally doesnt provide enough protection for me. My girlfriend is a walking hurricane and she's dropped my iPad already...luckily for her life it had an otter box on it. Lol.

I have a smart cover for mine and also a hard cover for the back which can be used with the smart cover. I also want a screen protector, although the smart cover protects it, every time you wipe the screen, over time, I think teeny scratch marks appear. I noticed it on my friend's iPad today, didn't say anything though, would have upset her.

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jelina said:
We want to know your impressions, how does it feel? Is it fast as they claim? What’s the first thing you did (other than sync) ? What accessories did you get? Hows the camera? However they were out of the 64 wi fi so I had to get 3g. Wasn't too happy about the extra money but there was no way I was waiting any longer

I fell in love with Apple when I got the iPod touch 4th gen, so I was excited to get the original iPad and it was awesome! Initially, I said I was going to wait for the iPad3 to upgrade because I really didn't have any complaints about my iPad1. However, the idea that the iPad2 was faster and the fact that my best friend, sister, and both nephews have iPhone4s that I can face time with convinced me to upgrade to the IPad2 and I have no regrets. It feels light and sleek. It is definitely faster, and the camera/face time is cool. My best friend and I share hairstyling ideas. Lol! I have the white 64gb + 3G with pink and red smart covers. I also have the expedia (?) duo charger that will charge two devices at once, and I gave my husband the first gen iPad

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my white 64GB AT&T 3G model a few days ago at Walmart and spent a couple of days syncing and setting up, so I'm just now starting to really explore and play with the thing. I am definitely not disappointed. I bought a tan leather smart cover for the front and should receive a matching CoverBuddy for the back within the next few days. Until then, it stays in a neoprene pouch when not in use. I'm debating whether an Otterbox might be a wise investment. It leaves home with me on a regular basis and I'm afraid I'll drop it, but I hate to lose the slim and sleek feel. A definite conundrum. I also purchased the Apple Wireless Keyboard to use with my new ipad and had a little trouble getting them to pair up, but a quick search of this forum solved that problem in short order. Now I'm searching for the best writing and genealogy apps. Ahhh, I think I'm in love.

Sent from my 64GB 3G iPad 2 using iPF

Frootshoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay mine got delivered today. Most pleased it only took a month to arrive. Got it all set up nice thanks to research done from tis forum so thanks for all the help

Most reactions